Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #6,451 of 41,477
The Volectric stuff isn't that bright in person. The camera I use amplifies the LED's a bit too much. They are actually quite dull when lit. They all get use, well the X-CANV8P doesn't really. It's more of a collectors item to me now. As much as I want to sell some amps, I love them all too much!

Oh and Gundam-kun wishes to say hi to everyone:

Quote:

Do you need to wear sun glasses to go change the settings on the Violectric DAC? 
biggrin.gif

And why so many amplifiers? Is it just a temporary situation to find what you like best, or are you actually using them all?

May 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #6,452 of 41,477
Quote:
Here's brighter shot for you guys. Kinda bad shot but it's the best I can take in an attic...

(pic)

Hey, could you link me to your review of the Auditor? Nevermind, found it.

I remember reading it once, and what do you think of it vs. the Violectric in terms of transparency as well as overall accuracy, detail, etc. (and the SS)? Did you ever write a review for the Violectric? I'm looking at trying a transparent/neutral amp and I'm gonna start with the O2 to see if I like it and move up from there and I know of SPL and Violectric making good amps for that (at least SPL 'cause it's studio gear).

May 30, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #6,453 of 41,477
The SPL is a lot more accurate, transparent, and is a lot more detailed. It's a very neutral amp while the V200 is very warm and euphonic. I ahve a review of the V200 in my signature actually as well as my Auditor review.

Quote:

Hey, could you link me to your review of the Auditor? Nevermind, found it.

I remember reading it once, and what do you think of it vs. the Violectric in terms of transparency as well as overall accuracy, detail, etc. (and the SS)? Did you ever write a review for the Violectric? I'm looking at trying a transparent/neutral amp and I'm gonna start with the O2 to see if I like it and move up from there and I know of SPL and Violectric making good amps for that (at least SPL 'cause it's studio gear).

May 30, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #6,455 of 41,477
Quote:
How did you manage to get the vegan LCD-2 pads onto the HE-6?  Also, that's a beautiful setup.

The Audeze pads come with plastic rings which work perfectly as spacers when attached (with double sided tape) to the new plastic Hifiman rings.  It was actually very straightforward, I just wish they came in black or grey
biggrin.gif
  To me they offer the ultimate sound quality - completely open sound, huge soundstage with proper forward projection and excellent detail, I just keep going back to them after rotating to other pads.

May 30, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #6,456 of 41,477
Quote:
You don't want an attic like this, trust me...

The X-CANV8P is quite rare and desirable now. It has one of the most pleasurable signatures I've heard on an amp. Totally liquid mids, silky highs, and robust yet tight bass. You have one don't you?

Also did you ever look into those Signature amps I told you about?

Quote:
Yes! It was my very first headphone amp. I got it in 2009. I am just using it with the wall wart it came with, though. Any idea where I can get a decent power supply?

I have never swapped out the tubes in my X-CANV8P. Never had to (don't know how either). Which tubes are you using in your X-CAN?

Those Signature amps are really nice looking amps. I've never seen one nor have I ever heard one.

Got the answers from you. Thanks, Zombie_X! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INZPcnmPED8

May 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #6,457 of 41,477
Quote:
The SPL is a lot more accurate, transparent, and is a lot more detailed. It's a very neutral amp while the V200 is very warm and euphonic. I ahve a review of the V200 in my signature actually as well as my Auditor review.

D'oh!! Thanks.

May 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #6,458 of 41,477
I took some quick pictures to put up here. Not much of a rig yet but it is growing (as my wallet permits).

May 30, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #6,459 of 41,477
Awesome pictures, csteimnetz1.

And don't worry. The HD600 is already an excellent piece of mid-fi. Taking your time and slowly trying out more and more stuff is a lot of fun, but I'm sure you already know that. :D

May 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #6,460 of 41,477
Quote:
Awesome pictures, csteimnetz1.
And don't worry. The HD600 is already an excellent piece of mid-fi. Taking your time and slowly trying out more and more stuff is a lot of fun, but I'm sure you already know that.
biggrin.gif

Thanks. Just got my HD600's the other day and they are awesome. I just need a solid desktop amp and I have been looking at the Schiit Asgard. I just have save up the money.

May 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #6,464 of 41,477
Quote:
 gotta love that picture! very nice looking turntable :)

Yep, it's a Dual CS-5000. I have one here as well, right next to me, also with a green record on it 
biggrin.gif
 I'd post a pic but I'm too lazy
I got mine for free as well :) (with a Shure V15V-MR cart!) u jelly?

May 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #6,465 of 41,477
Quote:

Thanks. Just got my HD600's the other day and they are awesome. I just need a solid desktop amp and I have been looking at the Schiit Asgard. I just have save up the money.

The HD600's punch well above their weight. Great headphones. They play very nicely with the Bottlehead Crack, too, if you have a bit of the DIY bug and want to play around with Tubes. 

Nice Dual. Mine is quite a bit older (a late 60s 1019) and more tatty looking - but they made very solid turntables. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back