Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #6,406 of 41,478
I understand your position and I'm passionate about this topic as well, but this isn't the place for this discussion. I agree with you, but it's getting a little heated in a picture thread.

Quote:
I have some friends in the audio business.  They are in the mastering/mixing portion.  So, stealing music doesn't only affect the artists who recorded it, it also affects the sound engineers.  While it's tempting to not feel bad about ripping off a singer who makes millions of dollars a year, it's tragic to rip off the sound mixers who work for contracts at much lower dollar amounts.

May 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #6,411 of 41,478
Quote:

Isn't that the broken DAC? :p

1st and 2nd pic was taken yesterday night right before the Stello U3 Suddenly died ( the black box on top of the Stello DA220MKII ) last 2 pic was just now after i sent the Stello U3 back to Hong Kong for exchange..and for the exchange with the Stello U3's place i get a full box of driver/power tubes for my WA6SE out of nowhere hehe...

May 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #6,412 of 41,478
Quote:
Trust me, we do enjoy.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
That second shot is a work of art...

Thanks...kinda hard to take clean pics without a Tripod...

May 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #6,414 of 41,478
I don't wanna de-rail more, but a lot of my music is in FLAC digital download from Bandcamp, and some are a free download only, paying is not an option.

May 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #6,416 of 41,478
My policy has always been that if I can't convince myself that the music is worth paying for, it's not worth listening to either. And I avoid the big/corrupt record labels. I only buy from bands themselves or labels so small that one of the bands I listen to usually owns it. Afterall we're in this hobby because we want our music to sound good, if there wasn't anyone making the music, what would we have to listen to?

I've got about 100 CDs, 25 Records, and 12 Cassettes, and I've probably downloaded 15 albums for free(either the artist had it for free on bandcamp, or it was not available for purchase anywhere).
I have to import most of my music from Europe and pay the high shipping costs that go along with that, but just remember without the artists you'd have nothing. Or at least all you'd have left are the artists that Hollywood shoves down your throat every time you turn the TV on.
Plus I like having physical copies of my music, music is what keeps me going, and this room would be pretty much empty without it.

I'm just out of high school and only started collecting music a few years back, I'm sure my collection is nothing compared to some of you, but it's pretty good for a jobless teen I'd think. :p I don't bother with cellphones or any of that stuff so I put most of my money into my gear and my music.

May 29, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #6,417 of 41,478
May 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #6,418 of 41,478
Quote:

Nope WE274b is too expensive...i would not pay that much for a tube hehe...Btw mine isnt a Sophia Princess mine is the Full Music the IMO Sophia Princess OEM...

Full Music, hmmm I've never heard of those guys, bio says they've been around since the mid 90's though.  Were you able to audition a few different 274b tubes and decided upon the Full Music brand?  I only ask as was searching for that tube myself haha, Sophia was very lean for my taste, WE hit the spot, but Valve Art was a very close and very economical second.  

May 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #6,419 of 41,478
In the spirit of vinyl, what this thread could use is a "B" side. A companion page, if you would. It's natural for members to have reactions to what has been presented. But, if some of those reactions need to be shaken up for further debate then, I would think it polite for those spirited parties to step aside or into the next room like in any other social meet-n-greet setting.

Wait... I like a good debate! 
popcorn.gif

May 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #6,420 of 41,478
Quote:

Full Music, hmmm I've never heard of those guys, bio says they've been around since the mid 90's though.  Were you able to audition a few different 274b tubes and decided upon the Full Music brand?  I only ask as was searching for that tube myself haha, Sophia was very lean for my taste, WE hit the spot, but Valve Art was a very close and very economical second.  

this is my first time using a Rectifier so the ones that are recommended by the WOO threads are the Sophia 274B, EML, Tung-Sol 5U4G (I have one)...seems that before i bought the Full Music 274b i found out somewhere that Sophia Princess is a rebranded Full Music..i just love the Full Music's sound better than Tung-Sol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back