Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 20, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #3,736 of 41,379
Is only for control the volume with Asgard :) 

The a5 are more like the HD598 or M50? I want the HD598 sound in my speakers! 

Are you happy with the changed sound of the HD598 with the Asgard? Are more warm?

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #3,738 of 41,379
God I miss DJing. All this MixTrack talk is making me want to just get the NS6 I've had my eye on. 

Quote:
Is that the Mixtrack Pro? How is it?

Quote:
It's the regular Mixtrack, didn't need the interface on the pro. It works and feels pretty nice, although I haven't used it much quite yet (still getting gear dialed in). It is all plastic though, which is my only complaint. gets the job done and is surprisingly sturdy though.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #3,740 of 41,379
The Pro is basically the whole package. Mainly the ability to use headphones with it for cueing. 

The MixTrack is missing some key features unless you have another interface.

EDIT: So yes, worth the extra $100 if you're just starting out.

Quote:
What's the difference between the mixtrack and mixtrack pro?

Is it worth the extra $100?

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #3,741 of 41,379

Quote:
The Pro is basically the whole package. Mainly the ability to use headphones with it for cueing. 

The MixTrack is missing some key features unless you have another interface.

EDIT: So yes, worth the extra $100 if you're just starting out.

Sweet, I think I'll get one in the next month or so. Is it a lot better than the Vestax Typhoon? I've played with the Typhoon a bit.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #3,742 of 41,379
 Have never used it. Can't say for sure, but I usually trust Numark to put out a good product. The MixTrack and MixTrack Pro are definitely one of those good products. 

Quote:
Sweet, I think I'll get one in the next month or so. Is it a lot better than the Vestax Typhoon? I've played with the Typhoon a bit.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #3,744 of 41,379

Quote:

always loved how the xcan looks 

Cheers Dubstep Girl, they are a cracking headphone amplifier as well....especially with Grado's.

I was going to sell it and get a combined DAC / HP amp.....but it's too good to let go so I am going to upgrade the transistors and capacitors, change the valve and then get a longer potentiometer and change the volume knob to an aluminium one. 

Should improve the sound to go with my wooded Grado's and Magnum V4 headphones.

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #3,745 of 41,379

This might not qualify as "head-fi station", but it is where headphones are used. The set up might look schizophrenic. In the beginning there was a CD based speaker system. Then I got into headphones and and started to add more headphone oriented stuffs, hence the Marantz player with headphone out and the headphone amp. Then I find myself preferring speakers and use the player and headphone amp for speakers. Then I got sick of changing CDs and turn it into a PC based system, hence the DAC.

I now use the headphone mostly when it is too late into the night to use the speakers, especially late night PC gaming.

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #3,746 of 41,379

Quote:

Woah. 
eek.gif
 Nice job. That's one of the coolest looking rooms I've ever seen, like the place where Batman goes to listen to music, haha.

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #3,747 of 41,379
Quote:
Is only for control the volume with Asgard :) 

The a5 are more like the HD598 or M50? I want the HD598 sound in my speakers! 

Are you happy with the changed sound of the HD598 with the Asgard? Are more warm?

Using headphones with my dac that bypasses the onboard sound, yes the asgard controls the volume
A5s are definitely more like the m50s. I dont know much about other speakers so i cant really give out recommendations. i do hear that the Swans are quite good and offer a more audiophile sound compared to Audioengine.
I havent used my hd598s without my asgard but the asgard is definitely a warm, smooth sounding amplifier.
hd598 can come off a bit bright (maybe) but offers great detail in that region. Very open sound. Full mids.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #3,749 of 41,379

Quote:

Woah. 
eek.gif
 Nice job. That's one of the coolest looking rooms I've ever seen, like the place where Batman goes to listen to music, haha.

lol i thought the same thing!

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #3,750 of 41,379

Quote:

<snip>
<snip>
<snip>

This might not qualify as "head-fi station", but it is where headphones are used. The set up might look schizophrenic. In the beginning there was a CD based speaker system. Then I got into headphones and and started to add more headphone oriented stuffs, hence the Marantz player with headphone out and the headphone amp. Then I find myself preferring speakers and use the player and headphone amp for speakers. Then I got sick of changing CDs and turn it into a PC based system, hence the DAC.

I now use the headphone mostly when it is too late into the night to use the speakers, especially late night PC gaming.

That looks more like a command center.
tongue_smile.gif
  Very impressive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back