Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #3,721 of 41,323
Great job. I'm pretty jealous of the shelves...and the CDs to be honest. I'm slowly rebuilding my collection and can only dream of filling shelves like that right now.

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #3,723 of 41,323

Quote:
Not new gear but still a big change to my listening environment. I've replace my Leslie Dame Mission style CD cabinet which had a capacity of 960 CDs with a shelve unit I built. The new shelves will handle 1290 CDs. I used Popular wood and MinWax Stain, Gunstock #231. I slanted to top shelve down and the bottom 3 up to make the CD titles easier to read. It was a fun project that I've wanted to do this for over a year.

this is great, when i finish university something i really want to do is make a list of say my favourite 300-400 albums and see if i can get hold of them on ebay/record shops 2nd hand as cheap as possible, just dont have the time or space at the moment but one day!

I also need a record player but cant afford one at the moment (not a half decent one anyway)

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #3,724 of 41,323

Quote:

Terrible photo, but I set it up really quick to make sure it worked (it was in great shape, but I'm a paranoid individual) before I invested in a new cart and phono stage for it.

It works like a charm and I'm excited to get it up and running with my LF on the way soon.

Is that a PL-518 I see? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #3,726 of 41,323

Quote:
Mmhm. It was a recent gift from my uncle. He bought it way back when and it's in perfect shape. Other than the stylus and cartridge.

Very nice! Mine needs a new cart as well. I'm eyeing the Shure M97.

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #3,728 of 41,323

Because I work at Mcdonalds temporarily..this will have to do. Not shown are my Ultrasone pro550 and Grado Sr60 cause i lent them out to friends who had beats by dre.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #3,733 of 41,323
I didnt want to post in here until I "finished" my main rig. No plans for any major upgrades, might get some BJCs soon. In the future, HD650 and WA6. Dream rig would be HD650, WA6SE and Audeze. Oh and I wanted some denon 2ks too but who knows. Wow... I didnt realize how ridiculous that sounded; "NO PLANS FOR ANY MAJOR UPGRADES". HA!

Anyways, here is my humble rig. About $900 later....

Audioengine A5, Schiit Asgard, HRT Music Streamer +, Audio Technica M50, Sennheiser HD598, UE Triple Fi. 10.
oh and i got a PA2v2 + lod in there somewhere.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #3,734 of 41,323
I have the same headphones! And i was thinking getting Asgard and the A5! How the A5 works with Asgard? I want a warm hifi speakers, the a5 will make my happy? Do you have the A5 connected to the Asgard outs?

Quote:
I didnt want to post in here until I "finished" my main rig. No plans for any major upgrades, might get some BJCs soon. In the future, HD650 and WA6. Dream rig would be HD650, WA6SE and Audeze. Oh and I wanted some denon 2ks too but who knows. Wow... I didnt realize how ridiculous that sounded; "NO PLANS FOR ANY MAJOR UPGRADES". HA!

Anyways, here is my humble rig. About $900 later....

Audioengine A5, Schiit Asgard, HRT Music Streamer +, Audio Technica M50, Sennheiser HD598, UE Triple Fi. 10.
oh and i got a PA2v2 + lod in there somewhere.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #3,735 of 41,323
Quote:
I have the same headphones! And i was thinking getting Asgard and the A5! How the A5 works with Asgard? I want a warm hifi speakers, the a5 will make my happy? Do you have the A5 connected to the Asgard outs?

lol cool! I think this is a common path for many head-fiers, especially the noobies like me! 
So i ran into a problem: cant connect Asgard to speakers, so i a rca to rca cable which i can connect from my music streamer to asgard. To connect to speakers, i have a Rca to 3.5mm adapter using the rca from the asgard. Basically i have to change the cables. actually not as annoying as i thought it was going to be.

A5: To me, they have a solid audiophile bass and crisp treble. definitely not recessed mids. Theyre like studio monitors with audiophile qualities making for fun listening. Speakers that can get LOUD! 

i dont think you want to use the asgard with the A5 because theyre powered speakers. maybe using the line-level out but idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back