Show us your dog!
Oct 8, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #1,051 of 1,120
Taranis is a hard dude to get a good photo of....He's also a bed hog. Getting big.

387765340_6637936959594544_4913851079961773563_n.jpg
385257367_6637937099594530_2729040204427056965_n.jpg
387688788_6637937266261180_5985346250038352298_n.jpg

Oct 13, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #1,052 of 1,120
We had to put our beautiful Griffin in eternal sleep las week. He was 12 years old and had been on a lot of medication for heart and liver problems. Sadly the meds lost the war and he stoped walking and eating. The vet gave us antibiotics and we waited 3 days to see if that worked alas, it didn’t
It was the hardest decision we have ever made and we are broken beyond measure. Our only conforts is the 12 years of love and happiness he brought to our lives.
He runs with the angels now.

IMG_8824.jpeg

Oct 13, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #1,053 of 1,120
We had to put our beautiful Griffin in eternal sleep las week. He was 12 years old and had been on a lot of medication for heart and liver problems. Sadly the meds lost the war and he stoped walking and eating. The vet gave us antibiotics and we waited 3 days to see if that worked alas, it didn’t
It was the hardest decision we have ever made and we are broken beyond measure. Our only conforts is the 12 years of love and happiness he brought to our lives.

IMG_8824.jpeg
I feel your pain, I lost 8 dogs in my lifetime..what a wonderful looking dog
All the best

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #1,054 of 1,120

IMG_8824.jpeg
I concur with Quinto, Griffin was a beautiful animal. Sorry for your loss.

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #1,055 of 1,120
I concur with Quinto, Griffin was a beautiful animal. Sorry for your loss.
Sorry Pod, but you must have overdosed on waffles!

You cannot refer to a dog as an animal!

They are simply mans best friend.

Only because it is Friday the 13th - I would have reported you to the Mods for your offensive language! :ksc75smile:

cemcem-cage.gif

dogs-doors.gif

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #1,056 of 1,120
Sorry Pod, but you must have overdosed on waffles!

You cannot refer to a dog as an animal!

They are simply mans best friend.

Only because it is Friday the 13th - I would have reported you to the Mods for your offensive language! :ksc75smile:

cemcem-cage.gif

dogs-doors.gif
True
Guilty
and I'm also closing the door back on myself:sweat:

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,057 of 1,120
A small tribute to Griffin :v: All the lyrics may not fit but I'm sure many do:thinking:

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #1,058 of 1,120
Sixteen years goes by so fast!

DSC00831.JPG

Choppee.JPG

Indeed the same dog :rolling_eyes:

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #1,059 of 1,120
Sorry you lost your best friend Griffin the good times you both had make up for todays sorrow

Oct 13, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #1,061 of 1,120

I'm sorry for the loss of your beautiful friend.
Dogo Argentino?
No. Taranis is a Perro de Presa Canario, or Presa Canario for short. They originate from the Canary Islands, and are banned in Australia and New Zealand.

Dogos are solid white and hail from Argentina, and are descendants of the now extinct Cordoba Fighting dog. Lovely breed, but are prone to deafness.
I lived in Buenos Aires for 10 months and although Argies are dog crazy, probably moreso than Americans, I never saw a single Dogo in my time there.

they too are banned in several countries, including the UK, Denmark, Norway, Singapore, NZ, Israel, Ukraine and Iceland. NYC and parts of Colorado have also banned Dogos.

Breed specific legislation sucks!

download.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #1,062 of 1,120
Breed specific legislation sucks! Indeed a lot of really good Pit Bulls out there that suffer this type legislation:disappointed: Its never the dog but the irresponsible owners:confounded:

This is one of my good buddies Pit; she's about to lick off my right ear! LOL

Nilla Vanilla.jpg

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #1,063 of 1,120
Breed specific legislation sucks! Indeed a lot of really good Pit Bulls out there that suffer this type legislation:disappointed: Its never the dog but the irresponsible owners:confounded:

This is one of my good buddies Pit; she's about to lick off my right ear! LOL

Yeah, how a dog is raised is a huge part of the equation. That being said, some breeds are more prone than others to various behavioural tendencies.
When owning an alpha breed, like an APBT, Presa or Dogo, there comes with it a certain amount of care and responsibility that isn't necessarily needed with say a Lab or Golden Retriever, for example.

I purchased Taranis from a breeder who has been breeding Presas for over 25 years. I asked for a balanced temperament dog that was not prone to dog on dog aggression, and thats exactly what we got. Still, whenever we have deliveries or contractors to the house, Taranis and I are sequestered to a single room and remain there until the coast is clear.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #1,064 of 1,120
Enzo the Rottweiler.
i-FC9XQpP-X2.jpg
i-prSSQjP-X2.jpg
i-ZRPxKx7-X2.jpg

Oct 13, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #1,065 of 1,120
Yeah, how a dog is raised is a huge part of the equation. That being said, some breeds are more prone than others to various behavioural tendencies.
When owning an alpha breed, like an APBT, Presa or Dogo, there comes with it a certain amount of care and responsibility that isn't necessarily needed with say a Lab or Golden Retriever, for example.

I purchased Taranis from a breeder who has been breeding Presas for over 25 years. I asked for a balanced temperament dog that was not prone to dog on dog aggression, and thats exactly what we got. Still, whenever we have deliveries or contractors to the house, Taranis and I are sequestered to a single room and remain there until the coast is clear.
It's amazing to me how so many people don't understand that many dogs were bred for specific characteristics and behaviors. The often maligned Pit Bulls were literally bred to bite and hold so when they naturally do that to something other than a bull, the owner usually gets the blame. Sometimes it is the case that the human made things worse but not in all cases. Do people "blame" a Border Collie for instinctually herding sheep? It's the same thing with any other breed.

I'm very happy to see someone who actually researches their breed of choice and clearly cares about that and takes steps to minimize potential problems. Most people just buy a dog because they like how it looks or maybe how it makes them (the human) appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back