Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Sep 18, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #76 of 639
Here's another very special *special" heaphone holder.
biggrin.gif

33932170.jpg

Sep 18, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #77 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64
when i look at the stands kwkarth uses the third set of cans down are the stax? do they just float away from your ears like that or are they missing parts?

Those are the AKG-K1000s. You can adjust the angle of the earspeakers to yours ears to suit your taste.

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:28 AM Post #78 of 639
Here's my modified Stax stand...inspired by Snake, a few months ago.

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #79 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Is it heavy? Where to get it? I like it....And I have a nice one, banana hanger style, but with green wood on the base and top, combined with chromed metal, very nice, an italian one, but this one looks better to my eyes, not sure about the sturdiness....how is it?

Hey there, the papertowel holder is made by a company called "Umbra", model name Palla, and yes, it's quite sturdy and hefty. It was $20 at a local hardware store. Weird thing is, I can't seem to find this model on the umbra site (http://www.umbra.com). I wonder if it's discontinued? Could be...

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #80 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT
Hey there, the papertowel holder is made by a company called "Umbra", model name Palla, and yes, it's quite sturdy and hefty. It was $20 at a local hardware store. Weird thing is, I can't seem to find this model on the umbra site (http://www.umbra.com). I wonder if it's discontinued? Could be...

This is also a nice one....

330546-410.gif

Sep 18, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #81 of 639
Yeah, I was just going to post that one. Looks very nice...if it's anything like mine then it's got a pretty substantial base, and is built like a tank.

Sep 18, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #83 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
NKT, the MSP's' wood color look reddish now!
eek.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha...yeah. I noticed that if you look at the MSP's from different angles, the intensity of the red changes. Like in that pic, the earpiece on the left looks decidedly more yellow than the one on the right simply because of the viewing angle. Interesting no?
rs1smile.gif

Sep 18, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #84 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT

This looks like it could be good. It'd be perfect for me as I have shelves right above my desk.

http://www.umbra.com/cgi-bin/umbra.s...iew/330510&2D1

I'd post the pic instead of the link, but I don't know how, and I'm way too lazy to figure out how right now.

the Judge

Sep 22, 2004 at 5:55 AM Post #85 of 639
Was at Walmart tonight walking through the kitchen supply aisles and thought about the humble banana hanger headphone stand. This cost about $5 and took all of 10 minutes to put together. The red plastic covered metal hangers were over in the hardware area. I like the way the forked hook on the top holds the phones steady and prevents them from swinging, and the longer hanger on the bottom is great for the coiled cable. After getting everything home, I considered I could have picked up two forked hangers instead of one and twisted them into the left and right side of the hanger to hold two pairs of headphones.

Banana_Stand_50.jpg

Note that you must pre-drill holes to *almost* the diameter of the screw threads on the end of the red hangers or you will split the wood. For the bottom (straight) hanger, it's actually impossible to screw it in as the elbow hits the stand as you twist it, so you must drill a tight-fitting hole and slide it in. Using some glue ensures a permanent assembly.

Have fun.

Sep 22, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #86 of 639
Here's my setup. I just went down to the local wig shop & picked these up. They have really secure suction cup bottoms. Works out pretty good, but they were kinda boring so I went with the bandana treatment.

Peace,

Graz

headstand.jpg

Sep 23, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #87 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by comabereni
Was at Walmart tonight walking through the kitchen supply aisles and thought about the humble banana hanger headphone stand. This cost about $5 and took all of 10 minutes to put together. The red plastic covered metal hangers were over in the hardware area. I like the way the forked hook on the top holds the phones steady and prevents them from swinging, and the longer hanger on the bottom is great for the coiled cable. After getting everything home, I considered I could have picked up two forked hangers instead of one and twisted them into the left and right side of the hanger to hold two pairs of headphones.

Banana_Stand_50.jpg

Note that you must pre-drill holes to *almost* the diameter of the screw threads on the end of the red hangers or you will split the wood. For the bottom (straight) hanger, it's actually impossible to screw it in as the elbow hits the stand as you twist it, so you must drill a tight-fitting hole and slide it in. Using some glue ensures a permanent assembly.

Have fun.

NICE Work, that looks like it works great!

Nov 27, 2004 at 8:26 AM Post #89 of 639
Zuerst: where did you get the foam?

Nov 27, 2004 at 8:55 AM Post #90 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
Zuerst: where did you get the foam?

It came as part of the packaging for a watch that I got. I cut out a part of that foam and shaped it with a pair of siccor and sand paper.

BTW how do you like your Sensa compared to the CD3000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back