Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Sep 12, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #47 of 639
UPDATE: Xanadu777 / Larry of http://www.headphile.com has informed me that he is currently in the process of fabricating some type of wooden headphone stand, with the possibility of creating a few different models with a range in price (undetermined as of yet). If you haven't visited his site already, do so because it really is an orgy of exotic wood mods to non-wood phones.

Now, I don't think it would hurt if we all could drum up a little interest here for one of Larry's stands. I know I'm super-interested in one (esp in mahogany or maple!).
rs1smile.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #48 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT
UPDATE: Xanadu777 / Larry of http://www.headphile.com has informed me that he is currently in the process of fabricating some type of wooden headphone stand, with the possibility of creating a few different models with a range in price (undetermined as of yet). If you haven't visited his site already, do so because it really is an orgy of exotic wood mods to non-wood phones.

Now, I don't think it would hurt if we all could drum up a little interest here for one of Larry's stands. I know I'm super-interested in one (esp in mahogany or maple!).
rs1smile.gif

Bird's eye maple. Or Koa. Oh yes.

Sep 12, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #49 of 639
I've got no working camera at the moment, but this afternoon, I picked up a 18" towel rack from Target, and attached it to the underside of the top rack on my Flexy stand. There's room for four or five headphones on it, and though it's not the most elegant solution for the cables (Grados fit over it well, Senns work better with the cable unattached), it's pretty sturdy and doesn't seem like it'll scratch or bend the headbands.

Sep 12, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #50 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth
Transparent sound...
biggrin.gif

attachment.php

Those things are hollow aren't they? Being a child of the black light era, I think it would be cool to put some light in those or perhaps behind them for effect. Dim the lights, put on some tunes and enjoy the effect.

Sep 12, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #51 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Those things are hollow aren't they? Being a child of the black light era, I think it would be cool to put some light in those or perhaps behind them for effect. Dim the lights, put on some tunes and enjoy the effect.

Yes, they are hollow. I've often mused about doing different things with their interior.

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #52 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
lol nice... bear?

Yup, now used for my hd580's (sonys get the floor/counter). It doubles as a coin bank.

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #53 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth
Yes, they are hollow. I've often mused about doing different things with their interior.

Well, just keep them near the bed, just in case you wake up in the middle of the night with an emergency, and are in a rush or someone is in the bathroom....LOL....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #54 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Well, just keep them near the bed, just in case you wake up in the middle of the night with an emergency, and are in a rush or someone is in the bathroom....LOL....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL! I was thinking more along the lines of lighting, marbles, goldfish, etc...
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #55 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
yep that's the same as mine, except i use a foam pad on the hook and you use...something else? a cotton wrap? Eventually i think I'll keep the DT770s on Moe and keep the MS-2 on the banana hanger.

To minimize the potential for the metal hook indenting or damaging my band, I simply went into the local wal-mart to their sewing and craft section and picked up a pack of what I term "giant pipe cleaners" and wrapped them around the hook. Makes for a nice, neat padding. Almost "fluffy" if you will.

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #57 of 639
Those Asiatic guys are really ingenious....clever solution....and on the cheap side......

2_8907.jpg

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #58 of 639
Here's my humble little setup
smily_headphones1.gif
The stand was like $4 at Wall-Mart and got a nice coat of paint to cover up that ugly yellow.

Pic1.jpg

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #59 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Those Asiatic guys are really ingenious....clever solution....and on the cheap side......

2_8907.jpg

LOL

Just slap a Decepticon sticker on that and it'll be the coolest looking retro can stand
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #60 of 639
tongue.gif
Sovkiller, that's a cool one! hehehe I take it you had a lot of those around??

Like Sov, made my own. I have "version 2.0" planned but until I learn to MIG weld
blink.gif
it's on hold. But oh boy would it be a killer.
404.jpg

Oh! Interesting point - 404's still work after being soaked in water. (Don't) ask me how I know
rolleyes.gif
I have to get a plastic cover for them for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back