Should i get the Focal Spirit One or the Sennheiser Momentums
Mar 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nhullheart

New Head-Fier
I listen to every type of music except screamo (its SOOO BAD)
I will most likely have these walking around
I have a Fiio E11 Portable AMP
Which one overall sounds better, i do like it more on the for a lack of a better word bassier side of things

Price is no problem

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 5
For bassier sound I'd say have a listen to the Amperiors if you can, then decide...I have them and Momentum's and to my ears the bass is a lot stronger. The focal's I've had a listen to, but wasn't impressed by the build quality. Sound is okay, but that put me off.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm pretty sure most of here prefer a well-known headphone brand like the Sennheiser so you'll mostly get recommendations for Momentum here. That, and Focal Spirit ones had a bit of a rough start with that ~10% of faulty drivers with the first batch. Mine worked just fine though, and have been doing so ever since the purchase.

I can't stress enough that you should TRY ALL OF THEM YOURSELF also though! It's you who'll be listening to the music after all. You should simply pick the ones that sound the best for your ears.

I've had the Spirit Ones for 6ish months now, and I can say this about them in comparison:
- I LOVE the bass. I'd pick these over the Senns if you're going for bassier music and/or movies with the headphones.
- 100 € cheaper compared to the Momentum where I live. That was the main thing why I chose them.
- If purely looking at the looks I'd pick the Momentum over the Spirit One.
- Spirit One sounds a little bit veiled compared to some more expensive headphones that aren't designed for mobile usage. Might be due to the somewhat recessed highs. I can't say this for sure about the Momentums in comparison, but according to headroom it seems to have a similar frequency response at higher freqs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back