Short Review: Sunrise Audio Ray – Excellent portable DAC/Amp
Apr 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #17 of 24
So true! The UHA-4 was top of my list for quite some time. Maybe I should contact Leckerton and see if they can provide a review sample...anyone who knows anyone should send me a PM :wink:
Sounds good.  I'm very curious to know how each performs with multi-ba iems.

In an ideal world you'd throw the Leckerton UHA-4 into the mix.

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #18 of 24
So true! The UHA-4 was top of my list for quite some time. Maybe I should contact Leckerton and see if they can provide a review sample...anyone who knows anyone should send me a PM :wink:
Sounds good.  I'm very curious to know how each performs with multi-ba iems.

In an ideal world you'd throw the Leckerton UHA-4 into the mix.

May 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #19 of 24
Thanks for the review! I am very interested in the Ray DA-P1. I am wondering if it is being used as a DAC and amp, connected through the USB port, will it drain the battery of a mobile device? And do you know if it works with an iPhone?

May 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #21 of 24
Are you connected throught USB / using the DAC? And if so, does it drain the battery

May 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
Thanks for the review! I am very interested in the Ray DA-P1. I am wondering if it is being used as a DAC and amp, connected through the USB port, will it drain the battery of a mobile device? And do you know if it works with an iPhone?

You can use a line out and just the amp with an iPhone but if you can't use the DAC with an iPhone!

May 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #23 of 24
Thanks. will it drain the battery of other mobile devices when using both the DAC and amp?

May 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
Thanks. will it drain the battery of other mobile devices when using both the DAC and amp?

I would guess it drains battery when used as a DAC (but not when used as just an amp). There is no way to disable charging via USB like there is on my iBasso D10. Unfortunately I don't have a capable phone to test this theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back