Shanling M9 Plus - Flagship Android player
Sep 29, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #256 of 430
I have not experienced this issue myself, but if you have not done so try holding your power button down for 12 seconds. This is supposed to initiate a forced restart of the M9 Plus.
Have done everything, I believe my battery has died or something... Looks like an RMA process will have to happen 😢

Sep 29, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #257 of 430
I've had similar trouble where the device would not turn on even though the battery is still >50%, or if the battery ran completely to 0% it would not turn on (even when plugged in to charge) for a few hours and even then the battery was still showing 0%. I had to contact Shanling and they recommended asking the reseller I purchased the device from for a replacement device.

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #258 of 430
I've had similar trouble where the device would not turn on even though the battery is still >50%, or if the battery ran completely to 0% it would not turn on (even when plugged in to charge) for a few hours and even then the battery was still showing 0%. I had to contact Shanling and they recommended asking the reseller I purchased the device from for a replacement device.
Yeah hopefully I can get this unit replaced too.

Oct 1, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #259 of 430
Anyone tried ZMF VC or Meze Elite?

Oct 1, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #260 of 430
Anyone tried ZMF VC or Meze Elite?
Own Elite, have tried VC but not with M9 Plus. Unfortunately I don't have a functional M9 Plus unit right now to test the Elite on 😢

Oct 1, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #261 of 430
Own Elite, have tried VC but not with M9 Plus. Unfortunately I don't have a functional M9 Plus unit right now to test the Elite on 😢
Am mainly interested in synergy.
After reports that M9Plus is driving DCA Stealth I am confident it's not lacking the power for either Elite or VC

Oct 1, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #262 of 430
Am mainly interested in synergy.
After reports that M9Plus is driving DCA Stealth I am confident it's not lacking the power for either Elite or VC
Definitely has enough power for the two.

Synergy-wise, general tonality of M9 Plus lies towards warmth and maintains good dynamics. If you want more warmth with Elite and VC then by all means, personally I feel like it might be too much perhaps...

Will report back when my M9 Plus gets fixed/replaced.

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #263 of 430
Update : Having tried literally everything on day 1, including different charging ports, USB ports and such (was full battery when it died anyway), pressing every button combination, giving it a light slap around and such, nothing worked to turn the unit back on. There wasn't even the red LED indicator for the device as charging.

I then left the unit on my table for a few days and did literally did not touch it, until today I picked it up again and plugged it into a charging port. I caught a glimpse of the red LED indicator and my hopes skyrocketed seeing as if the unit was going to work again, which after giving it some gentle taps, viola, it turned on!

A new problem then arose. The unit started turning itself on and off for no reason at all. I managed to get a factory reset in and such, but that didn't fix anything. It would randomly turn on and off in my hand, or when I put it back down on my table, until I started noticing more-or-less of a trend... the unit turns off more so during any sort of impact.

I confirmed this by mildly slapping the back of the unit a few times, and then the unit would turn off and immediately on again as if it is restarting. Unfortunately I cannot upload videos here or I will show this, but at this point I believe the battery or battery ribbon inside the unit is loose, or a bad solder joint is present, something to do with the powering circuitry is causing the issue.

If on regular units with high build tolerance, I'd probably have to physically break the unit before it encounters a power issue like what I am experiencing.

Thankfully, I believe I will be getting a replacement unit sent in exchange for this one.

If anyone encounters a similar issue in the future, this could be the case.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #264 of 430
Update : Having tried literally everything on day 1, including different charging ports, USB ports and such (was full battery when it died anyway), pressing every button combination, giving it a light slap around and such, nothing worked to turn the unit back on. There wasn't even the red LED indicator for the device as charging.

I then left the unit on my table for a few days and did literally did not touch it, until today I picked it up again and plugged it into a charging port. I caught a glimpse of the red LED indicator and my hopes skyrocketed seeing as if the unit was going to work again, which after giving it some gentle taps, viola, it turned on!

A new problem then arose. The unit started turning itself on and off for no reason at all. I managed to get a factory reset in and such, but that didn't fix anything. It would randomly turn on and off in my hand, or when I put it back down on my table, until I started noticing more-or-less of a trend... the unit turns off more so during any sort of impact.

I confirmed this by mildly slapping the back of the unit a few times, and then the unit would turn off and immediately on again as if it is restarting. Unfortunately I cannot upload videos here or I will show this, but at this point I believe the battery or battery ribbon inside the unit is loose, or a bad solder joint is present, something to do with the powering circuitry is causing the issue.

If on regular units with high build tolerance, I'd probably have to physically break the unit before it encounters a power issue like what I am experiencing.

Thankfully, I believe I will be getting a replacement unit sent in exchange for this one.

If anyone encounters a similar issue in the future, this could be the case.
Sorry to hear about this, definitely sounds like some part inside is loose and causing these problems.

Definitely contact your seller for a warranty, it will be sorted for you.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 6, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #265 of 430
Sorry to hear about this, definitely sounds like some part inside is loose and causing these problems.

Definitely contact your seller for a warranty, it will be sorted for you.
Thanks Shanling, hope you had a great holiday! 中秋节快乐!

I have posted the item back to the retailer and am now waiting for them to receive it before progressing onto the next step.

Oct 7, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #268 of 430
Have you tested one with Shanling player?
I haven't. I'm asking because I'm interested in purchasing a Shanling DAP. However, I'm hesitant due to every Shanling DAP thread having complaints about Software and/or Hardware issues. I have no way to demo the M9+ or M6U. The descriptions of the Shanling sound signature seems like it would suit my tastes.

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #269 of 430
I haven't. I'm asking because I'm interested in purchasing a Shanling DAP. However, I'm hesitant due to every Shanling DAP thread having complaints about Software and/or Hardware issues. I have no way to demo the M9+ or M6U. The descriptions of the Shanling sound signature seems like it would suit my tastes.
The issue connected to Wi-Fi routers affected just a very small amount of users.

We recommend purchasing from a shop with a good return policy if you are worried about any issues.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back