Shanling M2 DAP
Jul 5, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #898 of 1,348
Imo, purely base on sound, M2 is similar to the Fiio x3 (I still own) or x3ii (I sold) range. With this current lmue promotions, this is a very seriously tempting buy. Anyone looking for a good dap (less than USD$200) should consider this.
M3, is in a total different league. To my ears (and synergy to my iems), I can be very happy with M3 (I own it, like the sound, but not the size and weight).
M2 has the portability and the form factor, but unfortunately, the sound (I used FAD IV and GR07B during my audition) just did not entice me (I did tried very hard to like it).
Based on reviews, some said M2 is a 'neutral', 'bright' dap, etc (and with compatibility issues using multi BAs due to its 7ohm output impedance?).
I think that was what I heard. Unfortunately, I prefer a warmer, organic sounding signature (nothing still beat my shozy alien).
And so, I can't just bring myself to buy the M2, even though it is now heavily discounted...just too bad.
For others, you should seriously consider the Shanling current sales price, grab it before the offers end.

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #899 of 1,348
In reference to the multi-ba driver earphones being an issue. It all boils down the the ohms.. for example, the Sony XBA-H line are 40 ohms and they dropped the XBA-A line line up to about 32 ohms.. so you wouldn't have the same issue. However, look at the Sony XBA-4's they are 8 ohms, with those you will get a brighter sound than normal. And anyone who has ever listened to them knows they have a dark sound signature to them. So sometimes it's not a terrible thing depending on your IEMs..

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #900 of 1,348
Imo, purely base on sound, M2 is similar to the Fiio x3 (I still own) or x3ii (I sold) range. With this current lmue promotions, this is a very seriously tempting buy. Anyone looking for a good dap (less than USD$200) should consider this.
M3, is in a total different league. To my ears (and synergy to my iems), I can be very happy with M3 (I own it, like the sound, but not the size and weight).
M2 has the portability and the form factor, but unfortunately, the sound (I used FAD IV and GR07B during my audition) just did not entice me (I did tried very hard to like it).
Based on reviews, some said M2 is a 'neutral', 'bright' dap, etc (and with compatibility issues using multi BAs due to its 7ohm output impedance?).
I think that was what I heard. Unfortunately, I prefer a warmer, organic sounding signature (nothing still beat my shozy alien).
And so, I can't just bring myself to buy the M2, even though it is now heavily discounted...just too bad.
For others, you should seriously consider the Shanling current sales price, grab it before the offers end.

I would appreciate a clarification

Did you own these and then returned them? What is your preferred unit right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back