Shanling M2 DAP
Oct 26, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #271 of 1,348
Hi! You can compare Cayin N5 vs M2? Visually M2 is pleasant, Cayin N5 - is more expensive, quality of production, convenience of management, appearance? To what player it is possible to compare M2? On what sounding is similar?

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #272 of 1,348
Hi! You can compare Cayin N5 vs M2? Visually M2 is pleasant, Cayin N5 - is more expensive, quality of production, convenience of management, appearance? To what player it is possible to compare M2? On what sounding is similar?

hakushondaimao will have answers to your questions soon, my friend :wink:

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #273 of 1,348
Thank you for your suggestion.
This is a function raised by many users and we finally make it automatically when inserting card-I think now you are with different opinion because you have more tracks than normal users.

Anyway there is a solution: you can power off M2 and change cards. Though this is not a perfect solution for you, but I think it should be acceptable since the power off the booting up process is rapid  :)

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 27, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #274 of 1,348
Thank you for your suggestion.
This is a function raised by many users and we finally make it automatically when inserting card-I think now you are with different opinion because you have more tracks than normal users.

Anyway there is a solution: you can power off M2 and change cards. Though this is not a perfect solution for you, but I think it should be acceptable since the power off the booting up process is rapid  :)

Yes! I tried that, and it didn't scan my card. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #277 of 1,348
Well, the M2 doesn't look so good with my old HE400, but it's powering them surprisingly well at volume 30 on high gain. Listened to some Autechre and Ozzy-eraBlack Sabbath. Nice!

BTW, a new FW should be out in the next couple weeks that addresses a few of the GUI niggles I have with the M2. Nice response time Shanling!

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #278 of 1,348
Well, the M2 doesn't look so good with my old HE400, but it's powering them surprisingly well at volume 30 on high gain. Listened to some Autechre and Ozzy-eraBlack Sabbath. Nice!

BTW, a new FW should be out in the next couple weeks that addresses a few of the GUI niggles I have with the M2. Nice response time @Shanling!

It isn't terrible))) As HE400 not absolutely portable)
L3000.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #283 of 1,348
A couple requests:

How good is the screen in the bright outdoors?
How's the sound compared to the Fiio e12a (both being Muses opamps)?
Finally, Are there any N.A. dealers?

Will do, my man!

1. Used it on mid-days walks to get my son at preschool. Found new albums just fine. Don't remember off the top of my head if I cranked brightness to the max, though.

2. Both Muses, but E12A uses the upper tier version.

3. Shanling is selling their other gear on Amazon, so I'm hoping they'll do that with M2, as well. Shanling?

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #284 of 1,348

@hakushondaimao will have answers to your questions soon, my friend
wink.gif

Actually didn't get a chance to compare these as I sent the N5 out on the same day the M2 arrived. From memory, the N5 is warmer and more dynamic, with deeper and looser low end. M2 is more neutral, but not dry. I feel the M2 to be quite honest in not colouring the music you hear in any way.

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #285 of 1,348
  A couple requests:

How good is the screen in the bright outdoors?
How's the sound compared to the Fiio e12a (both being Muses opamps)?
Finally, Are there any N.A. dealers?

Have used the M2 quite a bit outdoors, and have no trouble seeing what's on screen. Have it set to medium brightness. I find the screen quality quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back