Shanling M2 DAP
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #241 of 1,348
Thanks for your sharing guys.

Regarding the questions you raised:

1. The rear panel is a 100% real carbon fiber panel. The reason we chosed real carbon fiber is that we tried plastic but it is not hard enough and will be very flexed if you push hard. Carbon fiber plate is much more harder and will only be a bit flexed if you push very hard.

2. The wheel knob -including the outter ring, the silk print ring and the middle button-are all metal, as well as the front case. I know it looks a bit like plastic because of the surface processing...this is just like the rear panel of M3.

3. The 5800 songs limitation will be removed in the coming firmware.

4. Changing 60 to 120 volume control is a good advice. We will change this in the coming firmware.

5. There is no functional improvement of the V1.01, but it fixes some bug of the V1.0

Looking forward to your further suggstions!

Thanks for the quick response Shanling!

1. Real carbon fiber plate is appreciated.

2. Glad the wheel is metal after all. (And M3's back plate felt like metal to me.)

3. This is very important and should be released very quickly!

4. For some reason changing from 60 to 120 volume steps coincided with a major improvement in sound quality for the Fiio X3. Might've been coincidence, but who knows... Not saying M2 needs the improvement the original X3 needed, but I'm curious to see if it makes any difference.

5. Good to hear. I explored the menus but didn't find anything. I'd strongly suggest that a .txt change log file be included with any future firmware releases, and please switch to .zip instead of .rar. I'm on a Mac and had to try a couple decompression apps before I found one that would work. A .zip file would've been much easier!

6. Can we get 120 volume steps for the M3, too? Pretty please :)

Is library sorting by "album artist" implemented? If not then please kindly consider for next firmware.
Everybody wants that!

This could be an either or type implementation where M2 would check first to see if Album Artist is present. If Album Artist is present M2 would use that for sorting, if not M2 would use Artist. This would be great for compilation albums!

Shanling: If you can do this, you'll be offering a feature people here have been asking for for quite a long time from Cayin, Fiio, iBasso, etc. None of them has done it. Now's your chance!

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #242 of 1,348
Oh yeah, one more question Shanling...

Can we get a tool to unpack / repack the firmware that works on OS X and Windows, so we can start playing with making new themes? This is something I did with my Fiio DAPs, and I think M2 users would have a lot if fun with this and might give Shanling new UI ideas.
:beerchug:

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #243 of 1,348
Oh yeah, one more question @Shanling...

Can we get a tool to unpack / repack the firmware that works on OS X and Windows, so we can start playing with making new themes? This is something I did with my Fiio DAPs, and I think M2 users would have a lot if fun with this and might give Shanling new UI ideas.
beerchug.gif

I take it the unpack tools don't work under WINE. I dl'd and poked around in the m3 fw, and everything is there for the modding.
biggrin.gif

While you're asking, you should also ask for a litegui simulator too.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #253 of 1,348
Thank you for raising many good questions:

1. Future firmware of M3 will support 120 volume adjust, as we promised before.

2. Album artist sorting is a good suggestion however a bit difficult implement. Especially the ID3 information is in several different versions and brings difficulty on the user editing and the DAP recognition. We will evaluate the possibility.

3. We will have the theme mod tool for M2 very soon.

4. Track # display was enable in the trial version firmware of M2. However we finally removed it for the sake of more simple and beautiful vision impression. Many users also support this decision.

5. We tried many gapless files but did not hear the tick noise. I guess it might be the fault of your file.
6. The indicator showing 99% was a software issue, will be solved soon from FW update.

Thanks.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back