SG1 Final 10 Episodes
Apr 14, 2007 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
I am going to make special effort to watch last 10 episodes of Stargate on Sci-Fi to see how it all wraps up.........last night was a very entertaining show plus I really like having Claudia Black in cast. Will be interresting to see how they tie together all the story arcs of last 10 years to conclude series.
Series may continue in some form on another network and Sci-Fi will continue SG Atlantis series with some cast members from SG1......also movies are in the works starting with Stargate: The Ark of Truth.

I have renwed interest in SG1 last two seasons as many more interesting elements were added to story with Ori and Replicants which definitely picked up the action pace and gave fresh ideas to series. I always felt seasons 1-7 were too drawn out and became boring, could be condensed to 2-3 seasons of better shows.

Any predictions as to how it wraps up or what form SG1 takes on another network?

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 16
I really like the female Orici character (vala's daughter) nothing like an evil powerful woman.....like the Callisto character from Xena series

Last night when Daniel was using Merlins brain scanning device to build a weapon it reminded me of the movie Forbidden Planet where near the end out of desperation one of the humans uses the Krell brain boosting device (which killed him) to discover Mobius mind creates the monster

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to make special effort to watch last 10 episodes of Stargate on Sci-Fi to see how it all wraps up.........last night was a very entertaining show plus I really like having Claudia Black in cast. Will be interresting to see how they tie together all the story arcs of last 10 years to conclude series.
Series may continue in some form on another network and Sci-Fi will continue SG Atlantis series with some cast members from SG1......also movies are in the works starting with Stargate: The Ark of Truth.

I have renwed interest in SG1 last two seasons as many more interesting elements were added to story with Ori and Replicants which definitely picked up the action pace and gave fresh ideas to series. I always felt seasons 1-7 were too drawn out and became boring, could be condensed to 2-3 seasons of better shows.

Any predictions as to how it wraps up or what form SG1 takes on another network?

Predictions are not necessary since Season 10 SG-1 and Atlantis have already finished airing in the rest of the world except here in the USA.

There are two direct to DVD movies in the works right now. "The Continuum" and "The Ark of Truth".
http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=3

There is also supposed to be a Season 10.5 to truly wrap up SG-1, since they really didn't wrap it up in the 20 episodes of Season 10.

-Ed

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #6 of 16
If one of you has seen the last episodes already would you mind pming me the spoilers ;p

I don't follow SG1 at all anymore and probably won't watch them, but definitely interested in seeing how it wraps up.

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #7 of 16
I watched SG regularly when it aired on Fox and then here and there for years and eventually got bored. It seemed so static and, well, a little dull. I started tuning in randomly during the last year or two and I'm mad. It got good! That one with the black hole kind of blew me away. I kept thinking, SG is capable of this!?! 10 seasons is going to tie up my Netflix account for a long time, whenever I get around to it.

Apr 15, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #8 of 16
The black hole episode is not only the best episode of SG-1, its right up there with the best episodes from any sci-fi series.

SG-1 has been rubbish since the grand finale of season 8. You can read in everything that the cast have really stopped caring altogether, they're almost as blaze as O'Neills character always was.

Its tired and stretched and needs put to an end. Except of course, they couldn't bring themselves to do that, and decided rather to end in that spongy indefinite useless feckless way they did.

No matter what Stargate spin offs and future Star Trek incarnations appear, I very much doubt that any series is ever going to come near Babylon 5 for pure refined excellence.

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Predictions are not necessary since Season 10 SG-1 and Atlantis have already finished airing in the rest of the world except here in the USA.

There are two direct to DVD movies in the works right now. "The Continuum" and "The Ark of Truth".
http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=3

There is also supposed to be a Season 10.5 to truly wrap up SG-1, since they really didn't wrap it up in the 20 episodes of Season 10.

-Ed

I did read where Sky Network has already shown the final 10 SG1 episodes outside USA, but I have purposely not tried to find out what happens. I am sure that they will leave the door open a bit and leave a few questions unanswered.

I don't think SG1 will be continued on another network, but a releated spin-off similar to SG Atlantis is more probable just like all the Star Trek variations. There could be a very short 3-4 episode mini series like Farscape Peace Keeper Wars to further resolve things if enough demand exists.

The direct to DVD movies could also be used as a mini series to answer some final questions, but I suspect as in the Star Trek movies they are intended to just be a longer format to tell new story

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No matter what Stargate spin offs and future Star Trek incarnations appear, I very much doubt that any series is ever going to come near Babylon 5 for pure refined excellence.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #11 of 16
What's REALLY cool is Sky one broadcasts in HD. I have seem all but the last one. I have it recorded but I am really
hesitating since it WILL be the last one until the movies and that will be it for SG-1.

At least the Samatha Carter character will be in at least 50% of the new Stargate Atlantis Eps. I would love to see MULTI crossovers with the original star gate show but I HIGHLY doubt that will happen too. Plus there is a 3rd spin off show in the works according Gateworld. I thought we would have FINALLY have seen an Ep with the Furlings. They were talked about but NEVER shown EXCEPT when goofed on that one time where the looked like Giant Ewoks from Star Wars... JUST my thoughts...

Jun 10, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #12 of 16
Someone kill this sorry series.........very disappointed in recent 3-4 episodes of nonsense, this is how they wasted thier time shooting last 10 episodes?????
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Are we ever going to get back to resolving the Ori problem.........some quality programing perhaps?

Jun 10, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #13 of 16
I know, I got bored of watching all the nonsense filler.

Jun 10, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #14 of 16
Is this show still on? Sci-Fi stopped and started this show so many times over the past year that I figured I missed the final eps. It was no "big", really, as not even Claudia and Morena kept me interested. They lost me, I'm afraid.

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #15 of 16
I cheated just a bit at youtube and watched 30 second promo for season final which does of course come back to Ori situation.......but how many of final 10 episodes are they going to waste on trivial nonsense plots instead of developing and building to grand climax?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back