Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone?
Jan 23, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #481 of 633
I had a great deal (only €34 more) on a brand new HD 650 so I let the RS 175 pass-by for now.

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #482 of 633
As i wrote elsewhere,I just sent back the rs180, for as fine as they sound over the rs140 i already own, their latency is useless for live monitoring when playing an instrument. (The 140 btw are fine for this, fm transmission and all).

The blame should lay with Kleer, so the question is-will the new rs 1x5 improve on the kleer latency to the point where they can be used for live monitoring?

Jan 24, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #483 of 633
This is interesting.  I have noticed that I cannot have both the TV's volume and the RS170s on my head as the 170's have a half second lag or so.  Way too irritating.  I don't notice it if I'm just listening through the headphones (in other words, it does not seem disconnected from the video) but I expect if I were playing an instrument of the like it could very well become an issue.

Sorry to hear that.  

HS

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #484 of 633
170's have a half second lag or so.

Half a second latency is quite bad... You don't notice it at all, not even face paced action / precise sounds?

I guess if you're using a computer to watch on tv, you can set the sync in your media player so it's in time. (but still a bit of a hassle, and won't work system wide, or for broadcast TV)

Interested to hear how the new models do at latency.

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #485 of 633
Half a second latency is quite bad... You don't notice it at all, not even face paced action / precise sounds?

I guess if you're using a computer to watch on tv, you can set the sync in your media player so it's in time. (but still a bit of a hassle, and won't work system wide, or for broadcast TV)

Interested to hear how the new models do at latency.

I'm guessing half a sec.  I wouldn't have noticed it, really, had I not had the volume up for the family and my poor hearing needing a bit of help.  It's not zero, though.  Certainly wouldn't recommend it for a live music type application.

HS

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #486 of 633
Hello.

I bought a pair of Sennheiser RS 170 three weeks ago, and there is a constant hiss / high pitched noise coming from the right ear of the headphones (it doesn't matter if I turn up or down the volume, the hiss is always there and is constant)... It's extremely annoying and it makes it impossible to watch anything because of the said hiss.

I've already tried to disconnect the 3.5mm jack from the TV and other sources just to make sure it was not my TV or anything else sending the hiss through, and it weren't given the fact the hiss is still there even after disconnecting the 3.5 mm jack. I also tested the headphones with other sources (my smartphone, other TV's and so on), and the hiss / high pitched noise is still there.

Only when I disconnect the base from the AC power, the hiss stops.

So, it's not a source problem (even after disconnecting the 3.5mm jack the hiss is still there), it's not an internal headphones problem (after disconnecting the base the hiss stops), which probably means that the base has some kind of problem and sending the hiss through.

And even after returning the unit and getting a new one the problem persists...

Did any of you who experienced this problem solve it? If you did, how?

Regards.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #489 of 633
  P.S.  you consider interference as a possible issue (i.e. try going to another room to test on your phone, etc...)?

Hello.

As I've stated in my original post, I've already tried different AC outlets (in different rooms), connected the base to my smartphone and so on, and the hiss / high pitched noise persists
frown.gif

And the fact that the hiss is constant (it's not variable due to interference like my cheap Sony's), suggests the problem is the base itself (because if I disconnect the base form the AC power, the hiss stops).

Even after returning the headphones and getting a new pair, the problem persists. I already contacted Sennheiser directly, let's see how they respond.

I bought this headphones for €200 and something to replace my €50 Sony's, as the Sony's had some interference from time to time, and the irony is they are far worse than my cheap Sony's...

An higher price tag definitely does not equal higher quality...

Regards.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #490 of 633

Hello.

As I've stated in my original post, I've already tried different AC outlets (in different rooms), connected the base to my smartphone and so on, and the hiss / high pitched noise persists
frown.gif

And the fact that the hiss is constant (it's not variable due to interference like my cheap Sony's), suggests the problem is the base itself (because if I disconnect the base form the AC power, the hiss stops).

Even after returning the headphones and getting a new pair, the problem persists. I already contacted Sennheiser directly, let's see how they respond.

I bought this headphones for €200 and something to replace my €50 Sony's, as the Sony's had some interference from time to time, and the irony is they are far worse than my cheap Sony's...

An higher price tag definitely does not equal higher quality...

Regards.

That's a shame.  One thing you might try, and frankly, it may not matter, is plugging them in in a friend's or family member's home in case you've got a power delivery issue.  Again, it may not matter because you bought them to use in your home.

If I were you, I'd return them and call it a day.  That's a lot of money to pay for hissing.

Best of luck.

HS

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #491 of 633

That's a shame.  One thing you might try, and frankly, it may not matter, is plugging them in in a friend's or family member's home in case you've got a power delivery issue.  Again, it may not matter because you bought them to use in your home.

If I were you, I'd return them and call it a day.  That's a lot of money to pay for hissing.

Best of luck.

HS

The problem is that in my country it does not work like that.

If you buy a defective product, they will keep replacing it for the duration of the warranty (2 years minimum), and that's it (although there are some few store which allow returns), it's not like in the US or other countries where you can return the products anytime you want.

The thing is, as far as I can tell all the Sennheiser RS 170 have this issue, and I can't do anything about it. If I contact the store again, they will tell me they already sent me a replacement and if the problem persists, it's not their fault, as it's not a defect, it's a "feature"... I am on my own...

I'm gonna pray Sennheiser tells me something about this issue.

Regards.

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #492 of 633
  The problem is that in my country it does not work like that.

If you buy a defective product, they will keep replacing it for the duration of the warranty (2 years minimum), and that's it (although there are some few store which allow returns), it's not like in the US or other countries where you can return the products anytime you want.

The thing is, as far as I can tell all the Sennheiser RS 170 have this issue, and I can't do anything about it. If I contact the store again, they will tell me they already sent me a replacement and if the problem persists, it's not their fault, as it's not a defect, it's a "feature"... I am on my own...

I'm gonna pray Sennheiser tells me something about this issue.

Regards.

I would hope Sennheiser would make this right.  Again, best of luck and I hope it all works out for you so you can remain a loyal Senn customer into the future.  It's all about customer service for many of us.

HS

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #493 of 633

You can use the HDR 165, HDR 175 and HDR 185 headphones with an RS 1x5 transmitter. Other Sennheiser wireless headphones (e.g. RS 11x series, RS 12x series, RS 160, RS 170, RS 180, RS 220) are not compatible with the RS 1x5 and cannot be used.

For the new models, you may pair up to 2 headsets per transmitter. This is lower compared to the RS 160/170/180 models but it helps to increase link stability.

When will we be able to buy the HDR 165, HDR 175, and HDR185 separately from the transmitters?

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #494 of 633

When will we be able to buy the HDR 165, HDR 175, and HDR185 separately from the transmitters?

They are being shipped right now. You should start seeing them in selected dealers/retailers very soon. I believe the HDRs are already listed on Amazon UK. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jan 28, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #495 of 633

They are being shipped right now. You should start seeing them in selected dealers/retailers very soon. I believe the HDRs are already listed on Amazon UK. 

Hello Rosmadi.

Are you a Sennheiser employee?

I posted about a problem in my Sennheiser  RS 170 in post #487, can you please check it out?

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back