Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 4
Apr 5, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #106 of 127
AZLA Crystals arrived. They sound good, but man it was really really hard to get them on. Not sure they are supposed to fit these IEMs, but I forced them on anyway. Now I am scared to take them off for fear of breaking the nozzle. Is this normal? Did I buy the right ones?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TWFTHRL/
Same same here. The nozzles didn't break but definitely scary.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #107 of 127
I have an problem with the tws4. Sometimes the sound gets smaller/narrower and some sound disappeares. And suddenly it comes back. Other has problem with this? Really annoying. I use aptx lossless with my Sony xperia 5 iv. And also i cant adjust the volume on the phone. Only on the buds themself.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #109 of 127
I have an problem with the tws4. Sometimes the sound gets smaller/narrower and some sound disappeares. And suddenly it comes back. Other has problem with this? Really annoying. I use aptx lossless with my Sony xperia 5 iv. And also i cant adjust the volume on the phone. Only on the buds themself.
Yes, this is the sign of bluetooth switching from&to different bands until it establishes highest bitrate possible.
Darko has explained this very well in his latest video.
Personally I've noticed it happens way more frequently on all codec settings you can choose in sennheiser control app - except aptx adaptive. That's fairly stable by itself.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #110 of 127
Yes, this is the sign of bluetooth switching from&to different bands until it establishes highest bitrate possible.
Personally I've noticed it happens way more frequently on all codec settings you can choose in sennheiser control app - except aptx adaptive. That's fairly stable by itself.

Interesting. I have not experienced this issue yet. Only a week into ownership though.

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #111 of 127

Tnx for the help. Going to check out that video 🙂👍

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #112 of 127

Maybe its then best to download tracks/album/playlist to the offline mode? So its stable, and dont change because of the wifi signal,ect....

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #113 of 127
No problem.
What is unbelievably contrarian to everything you could've thought about this codec - it actually works on 2.4Ghz band - yes 2.4Ghz which is basically Wi-Fi.
Recently I've had Bose QC Ultra for a demo and it was the best example of this - sound was muted, without any stage, almost mono-channel for a long time.
To shorten switch wait time for aptx adaptive, I had to turn off WiFi and sure enough = couple seconds after it worked :confused:
Therefore I assume it varies from model to model, and Sennheiser really worked it's magic on the signal strength for these earbuds, because funnily enough - it's more stable than Momentum 4 over-ears.
But in the end for that price? they better be, as Senn is marketing them with "future proof" technology and BT 5.4 (although it's not there yet, it's still 5.3 with software update to come)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #114 of 127
I must say that I ended up selling my MTW4. At first, they seemed to be an upgrade regarding more bass definition, altough still a bit congested sounded like MTW3. When I listened to them more and more, I find guitars peaks to be a bit to edgy and bass is thunderous and much louder than other parts.

I tried to reduce the bass amount with sound peraonalization setting it to the lowest point, but surprisingly it is still thunderous and persistent to the point I cannot listen to music that way. As an owner of also MTW3, I would say that MTW3 is closer to Sennsound than MTW4 which is much more mainstream no matter how much MTW3 is V shaped.
The bass on MTW4 is just way too much for my ears and I like bass in overall.

I didn’t want nor expected this scenario as I’ve been excited about version 4, but it is how it is. Maybe version 4 is just for very young generations and not for older guy like me who listen to old rock, blues and jazz.

Tried Sony XM5 in the meantime, but they are absolutely dire with their mechanical, edgy and overtightened sound.

Back on MTW3 and music is back, but would like something with better separation, definition and crispness, but made in a right way and without just sharpening the edges.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #115 of 127
I must say that I ended up selling my MTW4. At first, they seemed to be an upgrade regarding more bass definition, altough still a bit congested sounded like MTW3. When I listened to them more and more, I find guitars peaks to be a bit to edgy and bass is thunderous and much louder than other parts.

I tried to reduce the bass amount with sound peraonalization setting it to the lowest point, but surprisingly it is still thunderous and persistent to the point I cannot listen to music that way. As an owner of also MTW3, I would say that MTW3 is closer to Sennsound than MTW4 which is much more mainstream no matter how much MTW3 is V shaped.

I didn’t want nor expected this scenario as I’ve been excited about version 4, but it is how it is. Maybe version 4 is just for very young generations and not for older guy like me who listen to old rock, blues and jazz.

Tried Sony XM5 in the meantime, but they are absolutely dire with their mechanical, edgy and overtightened sound.

Back on MTW3 and music is back, but would like something with better separation, definition and crispness, but made in a right way and without just sharpening the edges.

I mostly listen to old rock and folk with them and they are to my liking. I found that using sound personalization does not give the desired result for me at least.
I used the normal equalizer tuned individually per the 5 bands offered and the result was much better.

To each his own, maybe the next iteration will be better. I find the 4th gen good, but there are still areas where they lack.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #116 of 127
Senn MTW4 firmware update available, installing now.

Fixed reconnect issue with some Pixel phones
Transparency mode improved
Windows swift easy pairing enabled.
Further performance and stability improvements.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #117 of 127
Problem with tws4. Suddenly playback disappears, no sound at all. Earbuds are connected to phone, visible in BT settings and controls are working. Everything seems to be ok, but no sound except control sounds. Same with older firmware and the newest. Need to put earbuds back to case and take away and then working normally again. Few times had this issue.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #118 of 127
Problem with tws4. Suddenly playback disappears, no sound at all. Earbuds are connected to phone, visible in BT settings and controls are working. Everything seems to be ok, but no sound except control sounds. Same with older firmware and the newest. Need to put earbuds back to case and take away and then working normally again. Few times had this issue.
Had it twice with the Left only (on prior firmware). Haven’t had time to listen since updating.

Apr 11, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #119 of 127

Had this issue happening to me, but after the latest firmware update I performed a factory reset and reconnect and since then there were no issues.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #120 of 127

Might try the Technics. They are my go-to these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back