Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 4
Mar 31, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #91 of 127
I am not sure if good app even exist until now. I talk about headphone companies apps. Only 3rd party player apps and there are few very good ones like Vox or Onkyo for example, but if you want to change sound to your liking, you are locked because default tuning which comes from physical and other built in properties is very consistent and you cannot bypass it’s character just with few general EQ sliders.
Turning on EQ in any app more or less ruin the sound quality in general, altough if you must use it, you will use it for sure.

I am especially talking about overdone tightness, thundering and too robust bass, grattling accentuated edge to the sound and other cheap and dirty solutions in order to give false impression of clarity which are widely spread in earbuds industry today. But at the end, today modern music and state of mind is perfectly fine with superficial experience.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #92 of 127
I am not sure if good app even exist until now. I talk about headphone companies apps. Only 3rd party player apps and there are few very good ones like Vox or Onkyo for example, but if you want to change sound to your liking, you are locked because default tuning which comes from physical and other built in properties is very consistent and you cannot bypass it’s character just with few general EQ sliders.
Turning on EQ in any app more or less ruin the sound quality in general, altough if you must use it, you will use it for sure.

I am especially talking about overdone tightness, thundering and too robust bass, grattling accentuated edge to the sound and other cheap and dirty solutions in order to give false impression of clarity which are widely spread in earbuds industry today. But at the end, today modern music and state of mind is perfectly fine with superficial experience.
The Senn app has been good for a while. The Technics app has been and is now also good.

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #94 of 127
I’m on a train and ANC is 95% effective. I can hear the conductor somewhat. But… O glorious sound ! Really good.!!! My foots atapping to Ozzy singing Paranoid!

I found if the MTW4 is connected to 2 diff sources the settings get mixed. I do have probs too taking them out of the case but can’t nail the it down yet.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #95 of 127
Had an outside walk through the windy day here in Netherlands today. I don't know what kind of magic Sennheiser people did, but oh boy how great Anti Wind mode is! It was able to completely eliminate absolute most of the wind gusts, so I could enjoy the music alone. Comparing to their bigger brothers, Momentum 4s, it's "night and day".

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #97 of 127
Had an outside walk through the windy day here in Netherlands today. I don't know what kind of magic Sennheiser people did, but oh boy how great Anti Wind mode is! It was able to completely eliminate absolute most of the wind gusts, so I could enjoy the music alone. Comparing to their bigger brothers, Momentum 4s, it's "night and day".
"Comparing to their bigger brothers, Momentum 4s, it's "night and day"." How so, please?

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #99 of 127
"Comparing to their bigger brothers, Momentum 4s, it's "night and day"." How so, please?
Like on MTW4 with AntiWind enabled, the wind disappears, for real. It's queter than in passive mode (ANC off) when mic holes still catch some wind.
For M4s (as well as MTW4 with regular ANC) it's always some wind noise coming in.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #102 of 127
I would also love more alternatives for tips.
Why did Sennheiser made the nozzle this short? it's terrible. Gotta compensate with tips somehow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back