Sennheiser Momentum or Sony MDR-1R
Feb 27, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #31 of 34
I have 1A
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe 1R is little more comfy than SM but for me it's a little. My eras are not very big (normal size probably) so for me Senns are ok.
1Rs have too much bass for me. I heard momentums and I prefer their sound.

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I waned to ask how you would rate the 1A relative to the SM 1.0 since you prefer the SM over the 1R?

May 24, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #32 of 34
To add my two cents, i have them both and I would say that the momentum sounds more accurate and warm while the mdr sounds more open and airy and is a lot more comfortable. I like the sound of the momentums more, but find myself putting on the mdrs more often because they are so nice and comfy to wear.

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #33 of 34
I am an Audio Enthusiast who is pretty much addicted to music, i listen to music A LOT on-the-go but unfortunately never had a decent pair of headphones, had A LOT but never a good awesome one, recently ive had a some of money almost 250$ but lets say 200$ for now and am interested in buying a pair of headphones, a fter a lot of hours on youtube, amazon and reading reviews i'm torn between the Sennheiser's Momentum ( Over the ear) , the AKG K545 even the sennheiser HD8 Dj ( i know it's a bit pricier and unlike the previous two), Audio Technica's ATH M50x, Sony MDR-1R,Sennheiser HD 598,Philips Fidelio X1 and the Sennheiser HD598 
I know hey are all different in one way or another , i do not have any specific preferences music genre wise, i just want a pair that has an awesome performance and delivers the best music experience, i want to feel the music , get goosebumps you know :)

Note: i am also planning on buy the Fiio X1 Player
any additional suggestions are welcome

thank you all in advance

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #34 of 34
Not trying to revive this thread but I'm just happy. Got a OPPO HA-2SE and all the sudden, my Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 headphones are super bass heavy. My prior OPPO HA-2 didn't have this problem but I did read that the bass was improved with the SE model. My theory was the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0s were designed to have perfect synergy with the iPhone 6, bass light. I tried to tame the bass with the Onkyo player's EQ settings but it killed the sound quality. Got a bad headache two days in a row. Think it was also the Momentum's are tighter on my head.

My plan was to get a pair of Sony MDR-1R headphones and a pair of Sennheiser HD 598 CS to see which one has the best synergy with the OPPO HA-2SE. Got a super good deal on some Sony MDR-1Rs and wow! They are crazy super comfortable. Not quite as comfortable as my Sennheiser HD800S headphones but for work, absolutely perfect. Love that the was they fold flat for the laptop case, something the 598 CS won't be able to do. They almost feel like noise cancelling. Can hardly hear anything when music isn't playing, cord is removable. Gee, I'm not even going to get the 598s and I'm putting the Momentum's up for sale. Great job Sony!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back