Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears Review by mark2410
Nov 2, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #106 of 107
  Hey, that was a great review.

Btw I am wondering how the Sennheiser Momentum fares against Shure SE-215?

I'm looking for an IEM below $100 which will provide best bang for buck. I like songs from almost all genres, but I'm looking for clean and detail-rich sound from my earphones. I do like bass, but I prefer clarity over bass.

So could you help me in suggesting a good IEM? ​​This would be my first expensive pair of earphones and can't really exchange them once I buy them, so yeah, can't give a test-run.

have you read my 215 review?  http://www.head-fi.org/t/558120/shure-se215-review

on the whole id tip my cap towards the senn,  though if you want more iselation the 215 is better, other than that' both are good they are just flavored differently.

To the people who own both the RHA 750 and the Momentum, which are easier to drive out a phone/itouch? Which are more forgiving of lower bit rate music? Which are more comfortable?

both pretty easy, the senns are the more forgiving, having less prominant treble than the the 750.  comfort, well both were great for me, the 750 have ear guides which can be hit or miss for some but ive nover noticed lots complaining of them.  id say go with the one thats flavoured more t your tastes (presuming you read my 750 review already)

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #107 of 107
Cleaning out my Momentums this morning and happened to notice that there is a small foam core in the tubes.  They easily came out with a paper clip.  With them removed, bass is much more pronounced.  I personally like the stronger bass.  Try it, you make like it.  If not, stick the foam back in.

Also, has anyone else had issues with the cable neat the plug?  Already returned my first pair for replacement which Sennheiser did willingly, however it looks like the replacement will suffer the same fate soon.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back