Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears Review by mark2410
Mar 24, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #91 of 107

Mail from Comply:

"Hi Joakim,

Thanks for the message.

At this time, there are no plans to release a tip for the Momentum. This soundport has a unique design that doesn’t fit any of our current tips. Sennheiser may be partnering with Comply and if so, you could expect to see a tip with them by the end of the year. But that’s also up-in-the-air!

Sorry for the bad news :frowning2: If you’re desperate, you could order 100 tips and reaaaaally stretch out that inner core piece to fit over the Momentum.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Best regards,
Breanna"

Yeah...so there is no other choice than to use the original ones? No other options at all because of the layout?

You still dont know where they are from? :O

hmm so why did they come on and say there being released in a few days?

and sorry but no, i still dont know where they came from.  i have a big box of tips and they arent all marked as to what each tip came from.  they just happened to be sat on my desk and they fit.  i can only think it was something from ages ago and it was a total fluke they happened to have been pulled out and were on my desk.  i cant find those things in any old pics that would pair up to an iem.   so in short, i have not a clue.  its maddening.

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #92 of 107
Good news about comply foam everyone,

"Hello Joakim –

Hope you’re doing well! I wanted to let you know that our engineers have tested the Sennheiser Momentum earphones and they have found compatibility with our T-150 Comply Foam tips: http://www.complyfoam.com/products/t-150/

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
Breanna"

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #94 of 107
Nice review ... i noticed you have the MA750 there also ...

I have narrowed my choices down to these 2 - the Momentum & the MA750. In your experience - you like the RHA's better ? 

Jun 2, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #95 of 107

If you like bass and attack, go for the Sennheisers. If you like treble and clarity, go for the RHA's. The Sennheisers felt a bit plastic to me, but some people love them. The RHA's look nicer, feel like they're worth the money and for me were the better sounding IEM's. Plus their customer service is brilliant. That said, after using them for a while, I find I still can't get a decent fit all the time.I only use them when I'm travelling on a train or plane. When walking I still use my apple earbuds as they're the comfiest to wear!
As always, try and audition if you can, then you'll find what's best for you.

cookie

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #96 of 107
  Nice review ... i noticed you have the MA750 there also ...

I have narrowed my choices down to these 2 - the Momentum & the MA750. In your experience - you like the RHA's better ? 

well what i like better doesnt mean you will like better too, that said you cant really go wrong with either.

the momentum is teh warmer and richer, the 750 is the more balanced of the two and has more treble, lot more crisp up top. 

so i would largely say it comes down to which treble you think you would rather have, the 750 has rather more, abort the sameish as its bass the momentum is more bass heavy and relatively less treble.

Jun 6, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #97 of 107

If you like bass and attack, go for the Sennheisers. If you like treble and clarity, go for the RHA's. (...)

I have both the Momentum In-Ears and MA750... and I would describe them the other way around. To me the bass on the MA750s have slightly better impact and definition (but less quantity). The sound in the Momentums however, is MUCH brighter than the MA750s (which have a very significant dark sound signature). The RHAs are just more emphasized at the very top end of the spectrum, which isn't a very musical frequency range to begin with.

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #98 of 107
Just goes to show, one man's meat etc..
I only kept the Sennheisers for a week and didn't get on with them. Too much bass, not enough detail. The RHA's did what I needed.
As I said before, try to audition headphones before you commit to them to check you like the sound. That said, I bought my Fidelio L2's purely on looking at reviews and I love them, so you can be lucky.

Cheers, Cookie

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #100 of 107
Hey, that was a great review.

Btw I am wondering how the Sennheiser Momentum fares against Shure SE-215?

I'm looking for an IEM below $100 which will provide best bang for buck. I like songs from almost all genres, but I'm looking for clean and detail-rich sound from my earphones. I do like bass, but I prefer clarity over bass.

So could you help me in suggesting a good IEM? ​​This would be my first expensive pair of earphones and can't really exchange them once I buy them, so yeah, can't give a test-run.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #102 of 107
  Awesome news! What Hi-Fi? Awards has named Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear as its '2015 In-ear headphones - Product of the year' : http://www.whathifi.com/awards/2015/in-ear-headphones​

Great news! Now I regret not grabing a pair when they were on sale for $80..... :frowning2:

beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #103 of 107
I picked up a pair to use whilst my IE80s are being fixed. I am really impressed by these, and I don't think they sound too far away from the IE80s, especially given the latter are 4 times the prices at the moment (£75 on Amazon for the Momentums, £270 for the IE80 plus £33 for the IE8I cable to use with iPhone).

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #104 of 107
I just recently bought these and I am blown away by the mids and highs at this price point. I was not expecting these to be so clear and crisp. The bass quality and extension is rather astonishing. However, I am not a bass lover at all so I tend to EQ the bass quite far down. I can't stand the low-end rumble as it overpowers the mid-bass (to my ears).

That said, I do feel that it is lacking something. What I mean by this is... during the orchestral opening to David Maxim Micic's Bilo 3.0 album, "Everything's Fine", the Shure SE215 provide a certain "feeling" of pressure in my ears that gives the music more presence. The Momentums don't provide this feature which actually makes some music dreadful to listen to. Does anyone get what I mean by the pressure? I am not sure how to explain it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back