Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Sep 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #586 of 931
You talking about the on ear or over ears?

According to Sennheiser:

Momentum = over ear 
MOE = on ear

Cheers,
K

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #588 of 931
  I just notices something.,. the driver of the on ear is round but the ear cups are aural.
is it me or that the cups are blocking listening to full drive below it?

Actually, most, if not all Sennheiser headphones are 'aural'. Don't worry about it, the engineers at Sennheiser have been making great products for the past 70 years; they know what they are doing. 

beerchug.gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #590 of 931
I've been using my momentums for about over a year now. They've served me well. the original cord that comes without the adjustment mechanism broke and I replaced it with the other one and I haven't had a problem with it. Not much else to say. I prefer my Sennheiser Hd650 headphones obviously. The open back design on those makes it sound a lot better. The headphones have treated me well. I just wish that they were a little more stylish. They are cool look from an up close perspective. I wouldn't say the umber color is hip, for a college student like me. They look a little small imo compared to the big ass beats headphones everyone on my campus uses (I saw a guy with shure headphones and another guy who I always see who looks like he's wearing custom one pros). I haven't had anyone complement me on my headphones. I kinda wish they looked badass like the v-moda (maybe I can still get those at Christmas). 

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #591 of 931
I have picked back the Momentum out of curiosity after quite a long while alternating between Final Audio Pandora Hope VI and a lot of Shure SE846 IEM listening, and I was kind of suprised to find I missed them and their sound signature. So relaxing and balanced, full sound.

They really offer great value for the price, and they pair very well with Sony ZX1 as I get good detail retrieval.

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #592 of 931
I absolutely love the Momentums. Although I do have some doubts about them. For example, the sliding adjustment mechanism; I'm just a bit worried that the friction in these will weir out. Also, their ear cups. I am not sure if they are meant to ROTATE sideways couple of angles. I just thought they could tilt up, down and sideways. I am not sure if that is a defect or a factor contributing to the headphone's comfort level. They also seem to have gotten scratches on them only after 2 days of receiving them. Anyone here know the answer to these? 

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #593 of 931
Just pulled the trigger on a set of Black Momentum Headphones. Looking forward to listening to them. This is my first plunge into the premium headphone market. Currently own a set of Bose IE2 ear buds.

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #594 of 931
  Just pulled the trigger on a set of Black Momentum Headphones. Looking forward to listening to them. This is my first plunge into the premium headphone market. Currently own a set of Bose IE2 ear buds.

I also have Bose IE's from before I stumbled into the world of high fidelity. You're in for a treat.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #598 of 931
Tried them with my desktop rig (Audio-gd + Lyr 2), details is on another level. Sound is a bit cogested though compared to my desktop cans but of course it is an unfair comparison.

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #599 of 931
I cannot find a modification thread using the search function.

I just got Momentums for $79 from an Amazon sale. The build is very good. Their comfort is good but the bass sounds sluggish and sloppy that causes bass bloat, IMO.  I want to clean it up; make it tighter and unveil the mids.

Does anyone have tuning suggestions?

How are the pads removed?

Thanks,

BMF

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #600 of 931
  I cannot find a modification thread using the search function.

I just got Momentums for $79 from an Amazon sale. The build is very good. Their comfort is good but the bass sounds sluggish and sloppy that causes bass bloat, IMO.  I want to clean it up; make it tighter and unveil the mids.

Does anyone have tuning suggestions?

How are the pads removed?

Thanks,

BMF

Not sure about tuning, but the pads just slip out of a groove in the headphones and then you can remove them. Search YouTube, I saw a few videos showing how it's done, it's pretty straightforward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back