Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 6, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #1,801 of 3,671
Hey I just wanted to warn you guys that these headphones CLIP a lot when you are walking outdoors. I feel like it is something with the pressure because that is how sound is made and also with the mic for noise cancellation. I'm looking to find a pair that won't do this.

Other than that, these are great. But I'm a college student and I would like to use bluetooth headphones as I walk around

May 7, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #1,803 of 3,671
  But the day there will be a nice, little, sexy, good BT receiver which I can plug into one of those wired headphones with detachable cable, something like the upcoming Btunes but smaller and sexier which does not make me feel like i have a microphone atached to my headphones, I will do that. At least for home use.

It's for IEMs, but there is this: http://nobleaudio.jp/en/shop/wireless/

May 7, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #1,804 of 3,671
guys, has anyone done a serious anc comparison between m2 and qc25? i have a pair of qc 25 which is pretty good. really love bose's anc tech, imo. qc25's anc is only second to qc20. qc20 is magic!

however i always want bt. i have been considering mm550/450 from day 1 they were released, but everyone knows they are not thaaaaat good. they are armed with all those cool tech though. 

anyway, want i want is : 1 GOOD ANC. 2. BT. 3. SQ wise, not worse than the original M (i own a pair. also i listen everything). 

the question is how is the M2?

May 7, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,805 of 3,671
Hi, 

I'm kind of facing the same problem :

I own a Sennehiser Amperior, which is good but too agressive to my hears (especially with the highs). I bought a HD-25 Alu which was a little bit better than the Amperior but also totally ****ed up with my DX50 (the cable was too heavy and forced too much with the Phone out).

I then bought the Sennheiser Momentum at a very fair price (169€), 2 years warranty. I really LIKEEEE their signature, detailed, warm and also punchy...
BUT.... They hurt my ears pretty badly after 30 minutes...

I'm now wondering if the 2.0 are worth the upgrade from the M1 (150-200€ more). I read that the M2 are more comfortable, but what about the sound ? Is it any better ? 

I will return the M1 to buy the M2 if it is really worth it.

What do you guys think ? 
confused.gif

May 7, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #1,806 of 3,671
  Hi, 

I'm kind of facing the same problem :

I own a Sennehiser Amperior, which is good but too agressive to my hears (especially with the highs). I bought a HD-25 Alu which was a little bit better than the Amperior but also totally ****ed up with my DX50 (the cable was too heavy and forced too much with the Phone out).

I then bought the Sennheiser Momentum at a very fair price (169€), 2 years warranty. I really LIKEEEE their signature, detailed, warm and also punchy...
BUT.... They hurt my ears pretty badly after 30 minutes...

I'm now wondering if the 2.0 are worth the upgrade from the M1 (150-200€ more). I read that the M2 are more comfortable, but what about the sound ? Is it any better ? 

I will return the M1 to buy the M2 if it is really worth it.

What do you guys think ? 
confused.gif

I think the consensus is that the M2 is a definite improvement over the M1, especially in the area of comfort because it has larger earpads and are now truly around ear headphones.  

Most also say that the sound is improved as well (myself included).  I tried and returned the M1 because of the comfort issue and the fact that the bass sounded bloated and the treble rolled off.  Sennheiser fixed those issues in M2 and they're now my portable set.

Check out update #15 on the first page of Macedonian Hero's thread for more details: http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-25-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around

May 7, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #1,807 of 3,671
Thanks s0ckpuppet, thats what I thought.
I will buy the wired M2.

Do you have any good deal where I can buy these cheap ? I'm french and the best offer I've seen is around 300€ hum

May 7, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #1,809 of 3,671
I've decided to keep my m2 wireless. I vastly underestimated the awesomeness of noise cancellation, wireless and comfort for office use. I'm even starting to come around to the boosted bass for how I use these which is mostly relatively quiet background noise while I'm working. However, it's not going to replace my wired headphones for "real" listening.

May 7, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,810 of 3,671
How are the bluetooth issues? Any of them solved or the same?

A couple sub 400 used Ivory pairs on Amazon warehouse right now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00SOM7YWI/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_color_name=1&mv_customer_package_type=0&qid=1429308286&sr=8-2

May 7, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #1,812 of 3,671
Alright, I found them at 269€ (wired version for Android) and just pulled the tigger  (100€ more from the Momentum v1 I had). 

I will share my impressions.

Cheers

May 8, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #1,814 of 3,671
Seems like Sennheiser are contradicting themselves in those responses... They don't know what's going on, they're stopping all sales, but they can still somehow manage to find out if your headset is affected and replace it with one that isn't? Yet everyone I've read about who's done that has the same issues with the replacement headset...

Sounds like they're trying to talk themselves out of a full recall.

May 8, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #1,815 of 3,671

Well, coming from someone who just bought a pair of noble k10's the term 'worth it' is very subjective lol. Its not a bad price and i doubt you will get it cheaper anywhere else in australia, i honestly cannot think of another headphone at that price that can match the m2s comfort, portability, build and sound so its probably worth it i'd say. The closest competitor thats cheaper would probably be the kef m500 which is on-ear tho.

I can't really go into depth as to how or why I was able to get a deal this good as I don't want to get into trouble but I was able to get my hands on a brand new pair of Sennhesier Momentum 2.0s from a genuine reseller for AU$375. On one condition that I had to visit the store in Sydney. Which I got one of my friends who was already visiting his Nephew in Sydney to go in on my behalf. 

he should be coming back from Sydney tomorrow midday :) so I'm super excited!

Lets just say that some stores will try everything to get a sale :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back