Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 9, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #1,847 of 3,671
Will have the Sony 1ABTs and ws99bt's end of the week to compare with my AEBTs :)

I very anxiously wait for your comparison on the HC thread. Finally someone else giving his opinion on the ws99bt!
Do not forget to also try them with eq (and also additional bass enhancement things if you have them. They work differently than EQ and tend to make bass denser, more than just boosted) to see how the ws can transform in hulk and get to levels which the other ones can't :)
I can give you a few tips eventually.

I'm just saying, that in my case, being outside combined with moving my body or my head quickly would produce the problem, with my phone being in my right front pocket.
Indoors, no problems.
yes, i had understood it.
In saying that i have no problems at all, outdoor or indoor is absolutely the same. Smartphone in right pocket or left pocket also the same.
No problems.
Ever.

So my question, should I continue and get the pair pair of the M2 Wireless from Myer or should I go with another high end non-wireless model such as  B&O H6 for $466 or B&W P7 for ~$500? and then fill my wireless needs (which if I am honest is mainly for movies & tv shows)  with a pair of cheaper wireless ones.
if you knew it's for TV and movies why did you even want to try them?
It's like using a Ferrari to go shopping for a bottle of milk on the corner.

I anyway think that once you find a really good wireless headphone you will want to use them for music too.
So, although you are the only who can know if giving them a try is worth the risk of sending them eventually back (where i personally don't see a risk, because you'll get the money back).
But personally, i would definitely give them a try.
If you'll like the sound and have no issues, you'll have a princess bt headphone there.

May 9, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #1,848 of 3,671
The 1ABT's can't come quick enough, I absolutely love the XB950BT's for their insane amount of bass and comfort but find myself wanting a more clarity and balance in a portable headphone. That's why I was so drawn to the momentum wireless.
I hope that the 1ABT's will fit my needs and that the BT reception is as spectacular as it is on the XB950's.

May 9, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,849 of 3,671
  Sennheiser needs to fix the problem. Even if you don't live in a city, you'd be pissed if you went to an airport and couldn't use your $500 headphones. End of story. 

Exactly.  Sennheiser doesn't need defending here because it works for some people in some situations.  They sell products that are designed to work for all people in all situations, and this particular pair falls short of that for too many people.  Thank you for writing the article, Adam, and thank you to Sennheiser for doing the right thing to correct the flaw.  I'm sure all will be great soon enough.

May 9, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #1,850 of 3,671
I anyway think that once you find a really good wireless headphone you will want to use them for music too.
So, although you are the only who can know if giving them a try is worth the risk of sending them eventually back (where i personally don't see a risk, because you'll get the money back).
But personally, i would definitely give them a try.
If you'll like the sound and have no issues, you'll have a princess bt headphone there.

He's in Australia like me so its hard for him to return if he doesn't like it. The shop he is talking about is one of the few that do accept returns, though even they can be picky sometimes.

Originally Posted by snnam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my question, should I continue and get the pair pair of the M2 Wireless from Myer or should I go with another high end non-wireless model such as  B&O H6 for $466 or B&W P7 for ~$500? and then fill my wireless needs (which if I am honest is mainly for movies & tv shows)  with a pair of cheaper wireless ones.

If you have no intention to use the headphones wirelessly with music then get a good wired one for music and a cheap wireless one for tv. Or you could get think about the Sennheiser RS series, wireless but not bluetooth and some are designed for movies. They sound good with music too though they aren't portable like the bluetooth headphones.

May 9, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #1,851 of 3,671
In saying that i have no problems at all, outdoor or indoor is absolutely the same. Smartphone in right pocket or left pocket also the same.
No problems.
Ever.

Good for you!

It seemed to me like there was a difference between the two units I tested. I was not really happy with the second set but ended up keeping them in any case. Partially because the alternative would be to wait for replacements and I had already waited one and a half months for the first pair to get in (I have white ones, and they are in extremely short supply apparently).

Unless someone physically test two devices where one is reported "broken" and one "working" there is no way for us to determine if this is an issue with separate units or with all units to some degree. I can tell that I expected more of Sennheiser engineering and / or Sennheiser QA.

I appreciate that Adam posted the article as it is. From my experience I can certainly relate, the first pair I got was that bad and no customer should have that experience. While sure you can "just return them" everyone knows that in the real world that does at least mean a hassle and at worst it might not be plausible with a lot of effort. I buy brands like Sennheiser to avoid that sort of annoying crap, which makes me even more displeased by this.

It seems like they have accepted that there are issues though and that makes me hopeful that these issues will be fixed. And then they will be really good headphones. For everyone.

May 10, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #1,852 of 3,671
Just got this Momentum Wireless around 2 weeks ago. So far soundwise is amazing. However, problem with connectivity. Both my iPad 3 with iOS8.3 could not find it and also my wife Redmi Note. However both my iPad and Redmi can find each other BT.

Problem also with my laptop. First, it can't be discover, then after few tips and trick, finally I can pair them up. Strangely, the sound didn't get channeled through the headphone eventhough connected, so music still flowing from my lappie's speaker.

I tried to pair with my S4 and older Blackberry Curve without problem. Any help?

May 10, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #1,853 of 3,671
  Just got this Momentum Wireless around 2 weeks ago. So far soundwise is amazing. However, problem with connectivity. Both my iPad 3 with iOS8.3 could not find it and also my wife Redmi Note. However both my iPad and Redmi can find each other BT.

Problem also with my laptop. First, it can't be discover, then after few tips and trick, finally I can pair them up. Strangely, the sound didn't get channeled through the headphone eventhough connected, so music still flowing from my lappie's speaker.

I tried to pair with my S4 and older Blackberry Curve without problem. Any help?

For the laptop is it Windows or Mac? If Windows go to control panel > hardware and sound > sound and check if bluetooth audio is enabled and if they are set as default speakers. Usually changing settings there works. No idea about pairing issues though. Since it does work with some devices I assume you are putting into pairing mode correctly?

May 11, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #1,856 of 3,671
  Is this support email address for both US and EU customers? Does this mean we can skip the retail chain in our support cases?

This is for all affected customers who've made their purchase from authorized dealers. Please ensure you retain your receipts / proof of purchase. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 11, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,858 of 3,671
I very anxiously wait for your comparison on the HC thread. Finally someone else giving his opinion on the ws99bt!
Do not forget to also try them with eq (and also additional bass enhancement things if you have them. They work differently than EQ and tend to make bass denser, more than just boosted) to see how the ws can transform in hulk and get to levels which the other ones can't :)
I can give you a few tips eventually.

Can't wait to review all of them! I'll post in the HC thread one tested this weekend :grinning:

May 12, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #1,859 of 3,671

This is for all affected customers who've made their purchase from authorized dealers. Please ensure you retain your receipts / proof of purchase. 

on my unit there is a strange bleeding effect on the hologram on the logo. is this normal? I'm convinced that it isn't tho. I'm trying to get a replacement but because I am unable to travel 4 hours for to see it, it's really hard to explain to them the issue that's on hand.

May 12, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #1,860 of 3,671

I submitted a case with Sennheiser for the BT issues, and was contacted by their Public Relations Manager confirming that they are taking this very seriously. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back