Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jan 16, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #1,036 of 7,699
I just got my IE 80. I took some photos for you all, maybe they will help others to see if they have genuine or not. I think I have genuine IE80 (bought from Sweden, our stores does usually not sell fake products). The only reason why mine might be fake is that they have cut the serial-number out which I think is very strange...

Here is the photos:

The box weighted 369g when it was unopened.

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #1,037 of 7,699
Those indeed look genuine to me. What do you think of their sound? Can you also confirm if they have warranty support? That is the easiest way to determine if they are real or not. Also how much did you pay for them ($$)?

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #1,038 of 7,699
Quote:
Those indeed look genuine to me. What do you think of their sound? Can you also confirm if they have warranty support? That is the easiest way to determine if they are real or not. Also how much did you pay for them ($$)?

They sounds really good! I compaired them to my Atrio M5 (MG5 Pro) and the IE 80 (highest bass setting) have more bass.

I called ClickOK (the company I bought the IE 80 from) and they told me that they guarantee that they are real. He should also lookup why I didn´t get a serial-number. They have warranty so everything seems OK. I bought them really cheap (I got lucky because they set the wrong price at first). I bought them for ~200$. They rised the price to ~285$ the day after they shipped the IE 80.

I have uploaded the last pictures and I do think these are genuine, so if anyone want to check whether they have fake or real they can compair it to my pictures. Also, check the weight.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #1,039 of 7,699

Quote:
They sounds really good! I compaired them to my Atrio M5 (MG5 Pro) and the IE 80 (highest bass setting) have more bass.

I called ClickOK (the company I bought the IE 80 from) and they told me that they guarantee that they are real. He should also lookup why I didn´t get a serial-number. They have warranty so everything seems OK. I bought them really cheap (I got lucky because they set the wrong price at first). I bought them for ~200$. They rised the price to ~285$ the day after they shipped the IE 80.

I have uploaded the last pictures and I do think these are genuine, so if anyone want to check whether they have fake or real they can compair it to my pictures. Also, check the weight.

The same box as I had... but I paid the same (290) in euros
blink.gif
. From where did you buy it?

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #1,043 of 7,699
I've been down the SENN warranty path numerous times before. In the event of service/repair, they need not the serial number printed on the box, but simply request a copy of the original sales receipt, which is of course sent in with the earphones themselves. The box, as well as all accessories, stay behind. So long as ClickOK is an authorized dealer, and he has the sales receipt, he's nothing to worry about. 
smile.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #1,044 of 7,699

Quote:
Quote:

eek.gif
 Lucky, lucky fella, you are!

I may also be lucky myself ie2han. The ebay seller who I had issues with regarding my first pair of IE80s has yet to claim the item. I think he may be in trouble as well so he is hesitant to even pick up the package. He has about a week left to claim the item or it gets sent back to me and I also get my money. Would be nice to score a free pair of IE80s wouldn't it? :wink:

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #1,045 of 7,699
Is good to know that, between the missing serial and the low price you never know ...

Quote:
I've been down the SENN warranty path numerous times before. In the event of service/repair, they need not the serial number printed on the box, but simply request a copy of the original sales receipt, which is of course sent in with the earphones themselves. The box, as well as all accessories, stay behind. So long as ClickOK is an authorized dealer, and he has the sales receipt, he's nothing to worry about. 
smile.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #1,047 of 7,699

Quote:
I may also be lucky myself ie2han. The ebay seller who I had issues with regarding my first pair of IE80s has yet to claim the item. I think he may be in trouble as well so he is hesitant to even pick up the package. He has about a week left to claim the item or it gets sent back to me and I also get my money. Would be nice to score a free pair of IE80s wouldn't it? :wink:

Sell the IE80's to me if you do end up obtaining it back yeah?? My 2 week old IE8 is nice, but I am hungry for more bass and depth extension with the lows without the veil. Hopefully if you do sell the IE80's to me, it will be a nice sidegrade. 
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #1,048 of 7,699
Quote:
Just a quick question, hows IE80 compared to EX1000? 

Vaguely speaking:

1. Highs: EX1000 > IE80; the EX1000's highs are comparatively more refined, with better overall detail and clarity, as well as extension
  2. Mids: EX1000 > IE80; the EX1000's mids have much better definition, and overall transparency is far greater than the IE80; however, the IE80 has shown a significantly noticeable improvement over the IE8, owing to a less exaggerated midbass hump.
  3. Lows: IE80 (tuned on lowest) = EX1000; the IE80 has comparatively greater depth and impact, though texture is better still on the EX1000, as is overall definition. hence, it comes down to what one is after; more quantity, (comparatively) less quality => IE80, or (comparatively) less quantity, but better overall quality => EX1000.
  4. Presentation: IE80 = EX1000: With much better overall transparency, the EX1000 boasts an open, and airy headphone-esque presentation, and a signature that is ever so slightly north of neutral. On the contrary, the IE80 has a warm (NOT dark) and VERY spacious presentation, with good depth and width, and is far better suited for bass-heavy genres. Those that may be sensitive to the EX1000's high end, the IE80 will certainly do right by you. Hence I'd say where preferences are concerned, the two are relatively equal, in that it really comes down to the listener.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #1,049 of 7,699
I've been listening to both the IE80 and the EX1000 off and on all day yesterday and this morning, and my impressions mirror i2ehan's almost exactly, particularly the comparison between the presentation of both. The EX1000 is a very headphone-like IEM. I haven't had any issues with harsh upper-end frequencies with it, though.

I find the IE80 to be a bit more fussy than the EX1000, and certain tracks sound rather underwhelming / hollow with it. However when it hits its stride with the right material, it definitely shines. I find the small and medium sized, flanged eartips work best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back