Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #946 of 7,699

Quote:
I'm just making an observation...  :p  D = D (the letter D, universal :p).  An abbreviation normally must have at least two letters.  I just found it funny how 2 ds = dynamic driver while 3 ds = dual dynamic driver :p

D, DD is also referring bra sizes. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #950 of 7,699
Not sure if anyone here has jumped on the IE60 wagon yet. I think they look pretty sweet though from a design standpoint.

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #953 of 7,699

Quote:
I'm about to buy a pair of ie80's and going to use with iPhone 4-  would an amp (pico slim or headstage arrow) make a significant increase in quality?

You'll for sure notice some difference but it's not going to be super major, the IE80's are 16ohms so pretty easy to drive. 

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #956 of 7,699

Quote:
Mother of God. Lost my Sony hybrid tips or whatever they are called, and the IE80s are arriving the next week (if I'm lucky). I think I'm gonna die before they arrive.

HAhaha !    !    I love your passion.

Please don't forget to leave your impressions - with or without the hybrids.

Personally I think Meelec long single flange tips a amazing for ie7 so probably same for ie80. Great seal & no negative impact to sound. Hybrids are little narrow so will effect highs.

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #957 of 7,699
Quote:
Anyplace in particular to pick them up for a good price? I'll give em a shot and see if they work good. I recommend the V-moda tips and the JVC tips I got off of amazon. They both work really well with the IE80s and FX700s. The V-moda work best with FX700 and seem to give even more micro detailing. I'm sure they also have these tips in medium and small depending on your ears. My ears take large though.

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325019183&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=miscellaneous&ie=UTF8&qid=1325019215&sr=1-1-catcorr

Quote:
IE-8/80's Tip Tip:

For you guys who like Triple-Fi Silicone Tips but want a better build ala the Sony EX-10A's (with double silicon hard/soft composition) but unlike the Sony's, have a LARGE IE-X size opening...guess where some REAL nice tips can be had....wait for it....Radio Shack!
Plus the flange is extended a bit more than Triple-Fi's or Sony's so they sit nice n' deep-er.

Check it out:      AUVIO Silicone Tips #33-354

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=silicone%20tips&origkw=silicone+tips&sr=1

Quote:
Mother of God. Lost my Sony hybrid tips or whatever they are called, and the IE80s are arriving the next week (if I'm lucky). I think I'm gonna die before they arrive.

The hybrids alter too much the sound, look for tips from Ultimate Ears, JVC or another one allready posted before in this thread. They are to narrow like Archy say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back