Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Mar 22, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #4,336 of 7,699
Tape mode already applied :C
On another note, do cables need burn-in?

Yes cable need burn. As far as i know silver with gold is more bassy than pure silver. Correct me if im wrong

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #4,337 of 7,699
Quote:
Yes cable need burn. As far as i know silver with gold is more bassy than pure silver. Correct me if im wrong

Yes but not in a bad way IMO. It's very well controlled still. It has more texture and depth to the sound. More upfront and personal. The sound staging is smaller. The mids are closer as well as vocals. Treble also seems to have more quantity yet it is smoother. A very nice sound on the 8A and brings the 8As up to my expectations. Otherwise it sounds too dull and smoothed out on the mangus....

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #4,338 of 7,699
Quote:
Tape mode already applied :C
On another note, do cables need burn-in?

they do need some degree of burn in... around 40Hrs

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #4,340 of 7,699
Well I never did use it on the IE80s though? So you have silver/gold cable for your IE80s? Where did you get them (Toxic cables?). They tend to be quite pricey depending on the purity as well as the amount of cable you get.... Not so sure if gold will suite the IE80 as much as pure silver cable though. YMWV.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #4,341 of 7,699
Got them on plussoundaudio. 99% silver, 1% gold. Didnt shell out onthe 8-strand as it woyld cost me around 500. My only gripe is the low freq. and the soundstage ( it sounds very different from the stock, which i love. Cant properly describe it). Toxic looked nice, but i prefer the cables sleeved.

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #4,343 of 7,699
Just got the Studio V couple of hours ago.
Hiss is there, but not very distracting at my preferred volume levels ( 5 - 7).
I have been AB~ing between the iPhone4s flac player and the Studio, and TBH, i couldn't tell the diferrence. (>.<)
Probably needs burn in as well, since the thing has only been used <10hours by the original owner.

Is it wrong for me to expect marginal, yet satisfactory, change in sound quality from the Studio?

** The thing looks beautiful, but to preserve it... Lee do  you use a case on your 3rdANV Studio?

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #4,344 of 7,699
Just got the Studio V couple of hours ago.
Hiss is there, but not very distracting at my preferred volume levels ( 5 - 7).
I have been AB~ing between the iPhone4s flac player and the Studio, and TBH, i couldn't tell the diferrence. (>.<)
Probably needs burn in as well, since the thing has only been used <10hours by the original owner.

Is it wrong for me to expect marginal, yet satisfactory, change in sound quality from the Studio?

** The thing looks beautiful, but to preserve it... Lee do  you use a case on your 3rdANV Studio?

I never heard the iphone but the studio v is better than my ipod video 5.5 and ipod touch when paired with my ie80. The soundstage and imaging is far better on the studio v in my opinion

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #4,345 of 7,699
+1 as lightning said. The sound staging, imaging, separation, clarity, micro-detailing, treble articulation/airiness, bass,mid/vocal quality. You name it, it's better on the Studio V hands down. Not sure if burn in will change your mind or not but it wasn't a subtle difference to my ears. Burn in of course helps but I think burn if of your brain will account for the differences more so in this case. The units are clearly different sounding. While my iphone4 is nice (supposedly the best sounding apple product) it doesn't hold a candle to my 3rd ANV.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #4,346 of 7,699
Quote:

** The thing looks beautiful, but to preserve it... Lee do you use a case on your 3rdANV Studio?

This case fits perfectly: you can close zipper with phones plugged in, and work controls through the case.

Case Logic

Ultra Compact Camera Case

TBC-301-BLACK       List: $5.99

http://www.caselogic.com/en-US/US/Products/Camera-Cases/Compact-Camera-Cases/TBC_-_301_-_BLACK_-__-_UltraCompactCameraCase

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #4,347 of 7,699
Thank you sir!

Quote:

This case fits perfectly: you can close zipper with phones plugged in, and work controls through the case.

Case Logic

Ultra Compact Camera Case

TBC-301-BLACK       List: $5.99

http://www.caselogic.com/en-US/US/Products/Camera-Cases/Compact-Camera-Cases/TBC_-_301_-_BLACK_-__-_UltraCompactCameraCase

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #4,348 of 7,699
Finally got the Comply TX 500's back home. Little bigger than what I thought, I thought the large would be comparable to the large supplied silicon tips. I think maybe medium would be more like it.

Anyway, they fit and seal well. Any advice for EQ settings with the Comply tips?

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #4,350 of 7,699
Quote:
Does anyone know how long Sennheiser´s RMA takes? My broken IE8 (still under warranty) was received at their office on Tuesday. I heard that they replace broken IE8's with the IE80.

i dont knw will they replace the broken ie8 witha ie80 since they still have a crap load of Ie8's in there stock... may be with a extra fee they would give ya... and for the RMA i sent my IE80 yesterday( took a bit of time since college work)  and they promised me to send a replacement unit within a week,,,, expecting my IE80's to arrive next week end :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back