Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jul 21, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #3,916 of 7,998
  Great to hear! How long have you been using them? Have just ordered mine, should be with me in a week or so, from an authorised reseller. Will liaise with Sennheiser if its not from the latest batches.

Since 1st December so about 8 months, about 5 days a week.

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #3,917 of 7,998
I have the warranty of the old owner, no problems, I talked to the Sennheiser Romania representative, there is no problem, I will take a walk and leave my ie800 there this week. 

I think that my cables hardening might be because I sweat... BAD. I live in a college dorm at the moment, no cooling, and outside are 35-40 C degrees. I literally have to stay in wet clothes, even buying a fan does not help, the air itself is hot. As a side note, this could be the reason my cables hardened. Maybe people living in a cold country will never have hard cables. 

I know that they changed the cables, so they do not hard anymore. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #3,918 of 7,998
  I have the warranty of the old owner, no problems, I talked to the Sennheiser Romania representative, there is no problem, I will take a walk and leave my ie800 there this week. 

I think that my cables hardening might be because I sweat... BAD. I live in a college dorm at the moment, no cooling, and outside are 35-40 C degrees. I literally have to stay in wet clothes, even buying a fan does not help, the air itself is hot. As a side note, this could be the reason my cables hardened. Maybe people living in a cold country will never have hard cables. 

I know that they changed the cables, so they do not hard anymore. 

That will be a good result for you. Do they replace just the cables or return a whole new set?

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #3,920 of 7,998
  I do not know the answer yet. The representatives send the entire package to Sennheiser, and then sennheiser evaluates the situation, and come with the solution.

At least you we aware it could happen, did research and checked that you would be covered. Hope it all works out smoothly for you, then we know CS is good.

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #3,922 of 7,998
Are you certain, George?
May I ask where you got this info from?

When I contacted Sennheiser Germany some time ago, they replied very vaguely without a definite answer and no further reply.

I asked this before buying. 

The cables will not harden anymore, and the old batches will not all harden. It seems that it is not a problem with every single human, but it is something that only happens to some, regardless of batch. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #3,923 of 7,998
May be it's the case, that's causing the hardening. Has this happened to anyone not using the leather case that comes with ie800?
May be, We should three finger roll and store in a regular iem case/pouch.

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #3,924 of 7,998
  May be it's the case, that's causing the hardening. Has this happened to anyone not using the leather case that comes with ie800?
May be, We should three finger roll and store in a regular iem case/pouch.

mine hardened progressively regardless of keeping in the carry case. 

Mine stay even harder, without having the cable separator up to there. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #3,925 of 7,998
  mine hardened progressively regardless of keeping in the carry case. 

Mine stay even harder, without having the cable separator up to there. 

Ohh, I have no cable hardening issues with mine.  The top cable has gotten a bit shiny, because of skin oils, otherwise its as supple as bottom cable.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #3,928 of 7,998
  Mine is oily, and hard. HARD!. 

Wrong forum.
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #3,930 of 7,998
I already thought of using a normal case instead but IE800 has a composite cable which you cannot roll in place of the joint. This makes it impossible to place it in an ordinary portable headphone case. I have two of them and I tried both. Neither of them works. The only case that is suitable is the one that comes with IE800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back