Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #121 of 8,119
Duncan: Any comments as to the durability of the IE8s?

Any chance of you and soozieq getting together to compare with the IE7s?

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #122 of 8,119
Schneller...

The durability looks to be good, the cable is one of the best I've seen (not too thin, not too thick... still nice and flexible, but without feeling flimsy) - the one negative thing though, if you knock them together, they don't sound the most expensive / solid product ever, sounding like iBuds, then again though, how often do you do such a thing?
biggrin.gif

As to SoozieQ... I believe that Jude put that idea to bed, when saying that the IE7 and IE8 sound very different (in the IE8s favour)... We'll see though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #123 of 8,119
If you had to compare to the IE8s to something, what would you compare them to?

For example, TF10 + more comfort / better bass? SE530 + better highs? SA6 + more durability + better?

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #125 of 8,119
I haven't detached the cable of the IE8 itself, but - the accessories section on the Sennheiser website does detail different cable types (different lengths) - so, yes - detachable...

As to schnellers question... hmm... Definitely more comfortable than the TF10 (and the Shures for that matter!!), as mentioned in an earlier post, the easiest way to describe them, is - to take all the good points of the Shures, and all the good points of the UEs sonically, add them together, and pop them in a more comfortable package...

Vocals are the most impressive part, the way they hang in the air, yet tonally, these are pretty on the mark also... The guitars and sax on the Live in Gdansk album jump out as showing the strengths of these IEMs... with ease
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #127 of 8,119
Aevum...

...Once burnt in... VERY good, even in complex passages, no obvious failings at all to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #131 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Schneller...

The durability looks to be good, the cable is one of the best I've seen (not too thin, not too thick... still nice and flexible, but without feeling flimsy) - the one negative thing though, if you knock them together, they don't sound the most expensive / solid product ever, sounding like iBuds, then again though, how often do you do such a thing?
biggrin.gif

As to SoozieQ... I believe that Jude put that idea to bed, when saying that the IE7 and IE8 sound very different (in the IE8s favour)... We'll see though
smily_headphones1.gif

lots of people complain about buds that are heavy, but im with you on this one, a little bit of weight adds alot to the quality feel of a product, but yeh how often do you bang them together
beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #132 of 8,119
Quote:

EyeAmEye...

Looking at your impressions of the UE11... I so want for you to get the IE8s, by your impressions, comparing to mine of the IE8s, it could be a close run thing
biggrin.gif

Your review is tempting me, believe me. I might be able to squeeze it into my budget, but right now I'm close to biting on the E.A.R. Z5 custom IEM (my name is EyeAmEye...and I'm a custom IEM addict...
biggrin.gif
).

We shall see.

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #133 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your review is tempting me, believe me. I might be able to squeeze it into my budget, but right now I'm close to biting on the E.A.R. Z5 custom IEM (my name is EyeAmEye...and I'm a custom IEM addict...
biggrin.gif
).

We'll shall see.

Link?

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #134 of 8,119
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Hey! Stop piquing my curiosity. It's tooooooooo cruel
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back