Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #5,101 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel sorry for your wallet
wink.gif

Also, I hope you like em so you can stop buying headphones, but we both know this is very unlikely to happen.

I thought I'd reached that point with the triple.fi's. I tried out the Shure SE530's and preferred the TF10's, but curiosity has gotten the better of me AGAIN. I wonder if these new Senns will be able to knock the UE's off my top spot.

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #5,102 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to all of the new IE8 owners. It's nice to see a new round of owners and impressions.

Crackerman, I haven't listened to IE6 but by all accounts its not even close to IE8. IE7 on other hand is somewhat comparable and has many satisfied owners, some who even prefer it, though they seem to be in the minority.

Yeah I finally found the comparisons earlier in the thread.

The only thing that worried me a little was someone saying how forward the vocals are with the IE8's. It reminds me of the harshness I thought the SE530's had. But then other people are saying they're more laid back than the TF10's so its best to find out for myself.

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #5,104 of 8,119
I don't find the vocals unnaturally forward with the IE8's at all, and they are about the furthest thing possible from being harsh... so those concerns shouldn't be an issue at all. Enjoy their smooth nature. They're very easy on the ears...

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #5,105 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find the vocals unnaturally forward with the IE8's at all, and they are about the furthest thing possible from being harsh... so those concerns shouldn't be an issue at all. Enjoy their smooth nature. They're very easy on the ears...

I agree. I would say the UM3X vocals were unnaturally forward (for my own preferences), but the IE8 vocals had great placement and a smoothness I hadn't heard in any other earphones before I owned them.

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #5,108 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost feel bad for my triple.fi's, they've been so faithful to me for the last two years. But the way people are talking about these Senns they sound like they were made for me.

Just be cautious though haha. The thing I like about the IE8 is that it gets me into the music like no other IEM I've tried. I can forget about bass and mids and treble and all the other categorizations we make, and just enjoy the music. This is what I find to be special about them, It doesn't mean it'll do the same for you though hahaha.

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #5,109 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. I would say the UM3X vocals were unnaturally forward (for my own preferences), but the IE8 vocals had great placement and a smoothness I hadn't heard in any other earphones before I owned them.

The IE8's present very smooth vocals for sure. I find them to be slightly recessed though in comparison to the S4's, which have the nicest mids in an IEM that I've yet heard. With them, it's like you sense 'yeah, this is so right' when it comes to vocals and mids. I wish the IE8's had mids that nicely placed.
frown.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #5,111 of 8,119
I have large ear canals (so it would seem), and when I had my last set of IE8's I didn't get on with any of the stock buds as they seem far too soft and didn't go deep enough into my ear canals.

Will the Sony (EX700) replacement tips be better than the stock buds or do I need to perform one of the mods to get the best fit?

My last set of earphones were the UE TF10's and before I sent these back for a refund (faulty cable and now I am going back to ye old faithful Senns) I wish I had kept the large rubber tips from the UE's as they were perfect (although I also understand that these may not go deep enough on the IE8's due to the short fat phones).

Anyone got a possible solution. Ideally I don't want to start modding sets of tips together and I do prefer the feel of rubber tips to comply foam (which barely touches the insides of my ears).

If the Sony replacement tips are the right choice, can I buy third party tips or do they have to be genuine Sony tips? I live in the UK and can't find any genuine Sony tips althought there are third party tips on ebay etc.

Cheers

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #5,112 of 8,119
You don't know the half of it! heh heh....

It's fun to have rediscovered the IE8's lately. I'm glad I didn't pack them away and forget about them. I'm enjoying the large bi-flange tips that were included. Seems to have brought out a bit more treble sparkle. What tips did you wind up settling with?

And I'm glad you're enjoying them so much. It's nice to have a spell where you feel like you can settle down with an IEM and just enjoy for a while, being mostly satisfied. ;0)

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #5,113 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just be cautious though haha. The thing I like about the IE8 is that it gets me into the music like no other IEM I've tried. I can forget about bass and mids and treble and all the other categorizations we make, and just enjoy the music. This is what I find to be special about them, It doesn't mean it'll do the same for you though hahaha.

Yes, that's the thing I find with the IE8's. I don't feel the need to be analytical about them, I simply enjoy the music. I suppose that ultimately defeats the purpose of participating in a forum. You can't keep coming here just to post repeatedly how much you like your earphones - even in an appreciation thread.

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #5,114 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't know the half of it! heh heh....

It's fun to have rediscovered the IE8's lately. I'm glad I didn't pack them away and forget about them. I'm enjoying the large bi-flange tips that were included. Seems to have brought out a bit more treble sparkle. What tips did you wind up settling with?

And I'm glad you're enjoying them so much. It's nice to have a spell where you feel like you can settle down with an IEM and just enjoy for a while, being mostly satisfied. ;0)

Is it heretical to admit that I use the tips that were already attached? I've felt no need to try the others because these just work for me. Maybe I'll get around to experimenting with the others when I'm feeling curious or bored.

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #5,115 of 8,119
The IE 8 were the first headphones that made me smile wide on nigh every listen (annoying me since smiling unseats them). Since then, none of my headphone/earphone purchases have made me smile as much (including the ER4P, Grado HF2, JH13, and HD 650).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back