Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Apr 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #31 of 817
sorry, sexist

i am asian

listening and typing = BAD, lol i always have discrimination as the word in mind(in chinese) and it is mentally linked to racist -_-'

hmm, good thing that you consider them as part of the "deal" along with jewelries, but i am afraid not everything think like you and consider that as "extra"

i am just being cautious here, haha

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #32 of 817
many people listen music and admire the artist. with lousy earphone they have. I wonder how much of a music they really hear ?

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #34 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
exactly the way i feel about cars... with so many front wheels, i wonder how people truly enjoy driving than a mere transportation tool

i bet most treat car as transportation tool.
also it is hard to enjoy driving in places full of bad driver and traffic. not to mention road cover with holes and stop signs
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #35 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by bixby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will the Senn IE7s signature slot in between these two?

Never owned the v.2 atrios (if that is the one you have) but did have the v1's and based on that know what you mean about the prominent bass! The ie7 is a good middle ground between the two as its treble and mids especially are more forward than the atrios and again, the bass is more prominent than the pfe's. Only problem I'm not sure I'm able to overlook with them is that there's definitely an upper mid peak that can be bothersome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Pixel
I'm wondering; can they withstand rain? I bike alot, and this is rather important.

Wearing them as they're supposed to, with the wires over the ear, I wouldn't advise using them in heavy rain as there are are two open vents that are placed directly above the driver. However, if you carefully block them with tape or similar it should be perfectly fine for the rain.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #36 of 817
i knew this thread was coming...

IE7....one of the next best universal IEMs.

if u guys can post some pics of your IE7...thread would become more interesting

3247436563_5f22bb7588.jpg

3248264926_a03551835f.jpg

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #37 of 817
communic, thanks for your thoughts. I have the v2 atrios. upper mid peak sounds like it may be a problem, but then again most iems in the upper price ranges have some sort of peak in the treble or lower. The headroom graphs hint at that. And I also think the PFEs have a peak there as well especially with the gray filters. Is it like that peak or lower? And how badly does it affect female vocals? If it adds an edge that would be a killer for me.

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #38 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i knew this thread was coming...

IE7....one of the next best universal IEMs.

if u guys can post some pics of your IE7...thread would become more interesting

these are fantastic! Excellent photographs. Unfortunately these made it clear to me that cycling in the rain isn't an option with these ('cause o' the vents), so I'm tipped over to the PFE-camp for now.

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #39 of 817
Nocturnal, how long have you had your IE7s? I have had mine only a month and they have already started showing a bit of wear in the black paint...I'll try to post a pic later. I doesn't really bother me, but it's just weird how it's on BOTH earpieces, and on the exact same spot on both.

EDIT: Here's a pic of it, you can see the "metallic" paint wearing off on the inside half of the earpieces, on both sides.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #40 of 817
Weird..

i have handled mine pretty carelessly..and they look as good as new.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #41 of 817
Yeah I don't know what could have caused it. No matter, it doesn't bother me, I was just wondering if it was something you have seen before.

Now, off to more listening, I can never get these out of my ears!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #42 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by bixby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I also think the PFEs have a peak there as well especially with the gray filters. Is it like that peak or lower? And how badly does it affect female vocals? If it adds an edge that would be a killer for me.

Funnily enough I get more of a lower mid peak with the blk pfe's than the opposite compared to the ie7's. I would say the peak is probably inbetween blk and grey pfe's (but closer to grey). I can almost listen to female vocals with blk pfe's without any cringing moments but not so much with the with the ie7's. Worst case you can always shove foam under the mesh filter which helps with the peak a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back