Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Apr 20, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #16 of 817
Shure olives will fit -after decoring.

Using them on my IE7s now, they just made me send back the PFEs. While I miss the PFE's detail/beautiful mids, they just didn't have quite the bass I was looking for. IE7s sound much more like full headphones as well.

Apr 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #18 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pfe is better in detail?

A little bit. Or at least it's more consistent in that aspect.

ChroniCali, I was just about to start this thread. You beat me to it!
biggrin.gif
Anyway, I'm loving my IE7s too. The soundstage has actually taken my breath away a few times. Aerodynamic by Daft Punk sounds amazing through them.

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #20 of 817
Quote:

the soundstage is the aspect that win my heart personally, then the openness...

btw, is such openness exclusive to dynamic driver? or some dual/triple drivers has the same property?

Triple.Fi's have great soundstage. Still not as good as the IE7 & IE8.

Apr 21, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #21 of 817
love IE7 as laptop/ sittibg down IEM and FPE for walking. because Comply isolation in IE7 isn't that good and silicon tip make steps loud (not the problem of the tips just that I walk like Godzilla).

Apr 21, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #22 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dong146 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure olives will fit -after decoring.

Using them on my IE7s now, they just made me send back the PFEs. While I miss the PFE's detail/beautiful mids, they just didn't have quite the bass I was looking for. IE7s sound much more like full headphones as well.

Sound very big. Like full headphones exactly.
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #24 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My love for the Sennheiser sound has made me purchase a pair of these. Can't wait till they get here *giggles*

I'm sure you'll love them
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to see young female audiophiles out there... I wish girls cared more about hi-fi, but the most they know is how nice my speakers look haha. At least the girls in Berkeley are actually intellectual beings to converse with.

I love the Sennheiser sound as well, I think I am slowly getting drawn into their sound sig.

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #25 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure you'll love them
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to see young female audiophiles out there... I wish girls cared more about hi-fi, but the most they know is how nice my speakers look haha. At least the girls in Berkeley are actually intellectual beings to converse with.

I love the Sennheiser sound as well, I think I am slowly getting drawn into their sound sig.

not being racist here, but i hope girls don't care much about music since if in general they do my wallet will be very much lighter(due to probability and expected value, most importantly i would much rather pay for gf/wife's expense that get me to this mess) :p

but she has some impressive gears there for sure!

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #26 of 817
still not writing my impression about ie7 yet because it is still being burn in, and most i listen to it the more i feel i am inadequate in giving a serious review on the IEM.

so far with <40hrs burn in time, i like the airiness, openness, and the soundstage very much!

bass is rough still, but tight enough and impact is strong (enough).

mid might not have as much details yet against even the er6i but it doesn't make things dry

high is about right but i will need some more time to give a better conclusion.

soundstage is definitely a strong point but it does gives me an impression that it is a high definition 2D screen than 3D, i can locate instruments by region on a flat surface but not so much in depth...

airiness got me to believe that dynamic drivers are the way to go as it provides headphone experience

issue with ie7:
- fit is poor w/ stock tips, none of them fit and they are all too shallow it irritates my ears it is not comfortable; i have ordered the sony tips advised somewhere here and when they get here i will update further.
- doesn't have the best shape on earth, possibly not the best in the universe either.
- open design(somewhat) gets me worry about dusts and sweat.

goods:
- kevlar reinforced cable, i like the textile, softness and width, it does feel durable, i have woven the cord with my monster isonitalk mic adapter and they go well together.
- while i do hate the tips their tips are high in quality.
- very efficient, it is as loud or better than the stock iphone bud

* not giving any comparison as i don't have any comparable iem for it; at this stage bose AE(the big one) sound better, but headphone != IEM so i will leave it at that

* while i have no good fit with stock tips, the large single tip does provide a fit that allows me to know how it sound when i do, i press the iem against my ears to achieve this temporarily; without doing that it sounds too light.

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #27 of 817
I own the Atrios M5 and while I like them I am very tempted to try the SennIE7s. The balance is just off for me with the Atrios. To get the mid and upper end detail and resolution I have to turn it up and with that the bass is just too prominent. And even when I turn them up I still do not get the resolution I would like.

Also, I own Phonak PFEs and while I like them with the black filter, I feel they could use just a bit more bass even when amped via SR-71. And I don't like to EQ

Will the Senn IE7s signature slot in between these two?

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #28 of 817
I'm wondering; can they withstand rain? I bike alot, and this is rather important.

Gah I'm torn between this phone (better build quality, sells in my neighbourhood) and the PFE (the sound signature should fit me better, cheaper, better isolation FWIR and IMO more stylish). This hobby sucks.
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #29 of 817
a closed design should withstand rain much better than ie7, or something water-resistant to save your worry, mx85 or something alike from sennheiser should fit your bill better for outdoor sport than others imo as accident(say dipped in mud, etc) might happen.

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #30 of 817
Quote:

not being racist here, but i hope girls don't care much about music since if in general they do my wallet will be very much lighter(due to probability and expected value, most importantly i would much rather pay for gf/wife's expense that get me to this mess) :p

but she has some impressive gears there for sure!

I sure hope we are of the same race!! Unless you are referring to the fact that I am Asian, which I don't think you are =P

But really, a girl who really cares about hi-fi would probably spend their own money on audio equipment. Maybe you'd have to buy her a pair of headphones once in a while, but that's not different than buying them jewelery or anything else right?

Anyways, just trying to give you a hard time
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back