Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #16,381 of 46,554
For those looking to double down on the Sennheiser rebates with a promotion from Razordog or someone else, I sent an email to Sennheiser and got this not-quite definitive response: "~~The Spring Rebate is only for selected models and would be reflected in the price offer by a re-seller."

I take from this that the rebate will work only if the re-seller has priced accordingly.  Again, it's not definitive, but it would probably be long shot you can double down with the rebate.

I'll be posting this in the deals thread as well in case someone has gotten a firmer answer.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #16,382 of 46,554
  For those looking to double down on the Sennheiser rebates with a promotion from Razordog or someone else, I sent an email to Sennheiser and got this not-quite definitive response: "~~The Spring Rebate is only for selected models and would be reflected in the price offer by a re-seller."

I take from this that the rebate will work only if the re-seller has priced accordingly.  Again, it's not definitive, but it would probably be long shot you can double down with the rebate.

I'll be posting this in the deals thread as well in case someone has gotten a firmer answer.

Thank you for sharing it with us. Although if it does not work out, I personally will still be content with having paid $390 for headphones I have been wanting for so long. I am just going to send in the rebate regardless, hoping for the best.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #16,383 of 46,554

Loophole #2...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #16,384 of 46,554
These headphones give me the chills when I hear female vocals.  If headphones can get better than this.... I'm in for a treat.  (and to think, the crack w/speedball isn't here yet, and should improve upon what I'm hearing through my Lyr)

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #16,385 of 46,554
Guys I'm from India. Just bought one HD 650 as got it at around USD 350. Till now I had one Ath 50 and fiio x3. I want to know whether the fiio x3 will properly drive the new cans? Right now I cannot spend much. But will perhaps follow any guidance in the long run.
Regards
Somnath

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #16,386 of 46,554
Guys I'm from India. Just bought one HD 650 as got it at around USD 350. Till now I had one Ath 50 and fiio x3. I want to know whether the fiio x3 will properly drive the new cans? Right now I cannot spend much. But will perhaps follow any guidance in the long run.
Regards
Somnat

its a shame if you're gonna use the 650 with the X3 cause there is no way you're getting much juice getting outa that thing that way.

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #16,387 of 46,554
Regards
Somnat

its a shame if you're gonna use the 650 with the X3 cause there is no way you're getting much juice getting outa that thing that way.

I get the Shame part. Now can anyone suggest me anything decent in around 500 USD which will drive the cans acceptably? I may reach there in a few months.
Cheers
Somnath

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #16,388 of 46,554
I get the Shame part. Now can anyone suggest me anything decent in around 500 USD which will drive the cans acceptably? I may reach there in a few months.
Cheers
Somnath

Something from Schiit probably is the best schiit for budget. I would get the Asgard 2 and a decent dac.

Mar 20, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #16,393 of 46,554

I'm listening to my HD650 using my X3 as USB DAC, FLAC, Joe Bonamassa low gain, volume only 26. Full pelt it should give around 115dB - but I don't want to damage my hearing
happy_face1.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #16,394 of 46,554
Sufficient Volume doesn't equate to a good amp for HD650... just as sufficient volume for earbuds doesn't equate to good sound
biggrin.gif

However... the HD650 are really not as unforgiving to drive as some of us here say. In truth, most amps can make them at least pleasing to listen to. Yet, as we all generally agree here, the HD650 scales up very well with good amps.

As with the others here, if you have $500 to spend I'd say get some Schiit
biggrin.gif
(DAC and amp)

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #16,395 of 46,554
  Sufficient Volume doesn't equate to a good amp for HD650... just as sufficient volume for earbuds doesn't equate to good sound
biggrin.gif

However... the HD650 are really not as unforgiving to drive as some of us here say. In truth, most amps can make them at least pleasing to listen to. Yet, as we all generally agree here, the HD650 scales up very well with good amps.

As with the others here, if you have $500 to spend I'd say get some Schiit
biggrin.gif
(DAC and amp)

Nothing like a good Schiit!  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back