Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review
Nov 17, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #271 of 380
I am waiting mine to arrive in a day or two!

I also ordered a 650 cable.
Does anybody use it with the Alus?
Is there any problem with the bigger connectors?

I also own ifi micro iDSD..
Any comments about the pairing?

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #272 of 380
Sad times...
I Just went to order another batch of HD25 Aluminum from Sennheiser UK and was told they have now been discontinued - so I suspect you will see them slowly disappear from shops. I am tempted to buy up a load as I suspect as they get rarer the value will go up :wink:

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #273 of 380
Sad times...
I Just went to order another batch of HD25 Aluminum from Sennheiser UK and was told they have now been discontinued - so I suspect you will see them slowly disappear from shops. I am tempted to buy up a load as I suspect as they get rarer the value will go up :wink:

Order from Thomann. They are in stock...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #274 of 380
  Sad times...

Surprising to hear this. It doesn't seem that long ago since Senn canned the Amperior in favour of the HD25 Alu. Sales not as expected I guess... or do you think there's something else in the pipeline?

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #275 of 380

Surprising to hear this. It doesn't seem that long ago since Senn canned the Amperior in favour of the HD25 Alu. Sales not as expected I guess... or do you think there's something else in the pipeline?

I did hear sales were not as high as they expected on the Aluminium version and were asking us to push them. They may also have got a certain number of the earcups made and then when they were gone they were gone - I suspect they cost a lot to make as they are CNC cut from a solid block of aluminium. So far I have not herd of any new models but I will keep my ear to the ground. I might have a play with the HD26 to see how they compare.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #277 of 380
673f3a8c76db9b9854fdfd12f44b5a2e.jpg

Sorry for double post

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #278 of 380
So basically if a higher damping factor with higher impedance means potentially better sound from a better source than shouldn't the 600ohm version be within this discussion? I mean wouldn't the 600ohm drivers with the stock hd25 cable and aluminium/amperior cup make for new and improved hd25?  

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #279 of 380
So basically if a higher damping factor with higher impedance means potentially better sound from a better source than shouldn't the 600ohm version be within this discussion? I mean wouldn't the 600ohm drivers with the stock hd25 cable and aluminium/amperior cup make for new and improved hd25?  

I was thinking of that too...
I might buy the 600ohm drivers sometime in the future...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #281 of 380
I feel nostalgic after listening to my aluminium for the first time out of the box! They sound incredible and from memory better than the amperior and hd25s I previous owned. The bass is tight, punchy with clear and intimate voices with no harshness or sibilance even at high volumes. Sounds even better amped. Too bad case included case is so sucky.

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #283 of 380
I currently the aluminium and standard hd25 both brand new with me at the same time.
I haven't had much time to compare the two but what I notice immediately is the cups slider on the hd25 is much tighter than the alum to the point where I need to use two hands and with much effort to slide the cups on the each side up and down as oppose to the alum where I can adjust with just one hand. Also the clamping force seems to be a little high on the hd25.
Is this normal? 

Upon first impression, the bass on the alum seems to be more dominant with more extension down low but mids on the hd25 seems to be more clear and forwards.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back