Sennheiser HD 800, Help Me Chose Amp
Jul 22, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #46 of 49
I 'll borrow this thread... I'm searching for an amp for my Sennheiser HD800 in Sweden where i live it seems like i have the following options:

Auralic Taurus mk2
Sennheiser HDVA600
Burson Conductor or Soloist

I already have a pretty good dac the Hegel HD20 so i'm primarily looking for an amp without dacsection. Since i have Beyerdynamic T1 phones also it would be good if the amp worked with those phones aswell but thats not necessary i could survive with an amp for each headphone :)

I also would like the amp to be fully balanced since my dac has balanced outputs and i have a balanced headphonecable for the HD800s. Does anyone have experience running the HD800's with the amps mentioned earlier?

Best Regards
Emanuel 

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #47 of 49
I love my Woo Audio WA6 with my 800s: plenty of warmth and detail.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #48 of 49
Foobar > PS Audio Nuwave > Mad Ear +HD > HD800

I am in a happy place.

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #49 of 49
There aren't alot of stores selling tubeamps in Sweden i don't want to import some amp that i won't be able to listen to before buying. So therefore i'm primarily interrested in: Auralic Taurus mk2 and Sennheiser HDVA600 and Burson Audio Conductor. Plus i like bright sound, i prefer solid state amps with my headphones. I have my speaker system with a Mcintoshamlifier which has a warmer sound so i want my headphones to sound diffrent i like having different types of sounds to choose from :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back