Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Sep 6, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #4,847 of 6,748
Sounds like my knees a few years ago, but in my case the family practitioner told me to hangs up my bikes and I took the opposite and went for some long endurance rides and haven't had knee problems since.....Still "

:L3000:
THIS.

I've had chronic patella tendonitis in both knees since I was in my 20's...long distance running and playing tennis and mountain biking. I quit most of my sports passions on the doctors advice until just over a year ago because I thought what have I got to loose at this point in my life (60 is quickly approaching). So I got back on the mountain bike full time and within six months my knees were 60% better. So I rode harder and longer. Now my knees are 70% better and I feel like I'm 25 years younger. Another doctor told me that my improvement was due to long periods of increased blood flood during my heavy riding, which promotes healing of joints. Wished I started back on the bike 20 years ago or even 10. Whatever, I'm loving it.

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #4,850 of 6,748
We have bikers over here :)
Sadly during the pandemic with every tom dick and harry out riding I got out of regular cycling, as a senior one didn't want to end up in emerg and quarantine if there was a spill.🤕 :mask:
Took up walking 5-10k daily though...:walking:🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️
But maybe one day......here's my ride (well one of them), got it new but vintage now, a PDM team replica. :sunglasses:
Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 7.28.56 AM.png

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #4,851 of 6,748
I love walks too. And the good thing about walking compared to cycling...is that you can listen to music while walking. :) I love that so much; I never go for a walk (unless I am out with my wife) without music. :)

That's a beautiful bike that you have. I love the old-school shifting gears. I read somewhere that new generations wondered what's these levers for on the frame. :)
I would love to have a road (racing) bike, but unfortunately, I have difficulties finding a place for a new pair of shoes (or headphones). :)

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #4,852 of 6,748
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #4,858 of 6,748
660s2 vs 800s?
Anyone can give me rundown on the comparisons?

Very different animals. 660s2 is still very much warm and in the same vein as the 650 with the "improvements" that have been much discussed here. The 880s overall is much brighter, bigger sound staging with a leaner tonality especially to vocals. The s2 can work pretty from just about any setup (amp/dac) where the 880s will typically perform best from a tube amp. With the right amp/dac the 800s can be pretty stunning especially with well recorded music.

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #4,859 of 6,748
Very different animals. 660s2 is still very much warm and in the same vein as the 650 with the "improvements" that have been much discussed here. The 880s overall is much brighter, bigger sound staging with a leaner tonality especially to vocals. The s2 can work pretty from just about any setup (amp/dac) where the 880s will typically perform best from a tube amp. With the right amp/dac the 800s can be pretty stunning especially with well recorded music.
They're both great headphones in their own right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back