Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Sep 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #4,066 of 23,433
So those "lost" HD600's I found in a box when I was shifting stuff the other week - bought about 7 years ago, hardly played? Well, got to say I am loving them.  Super comfortable, clear, great tonality, good bass, no trace of any 'veil'.  They make every thing sound good.

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #4,068 of 23,433
Joining the thread with my newly-acquired HD600. Simply love it for the music I listen to. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #4,069 of 23,433
Heya, I know this question has probably been asked ad infinitum but I have a particular spin on it. I'm getting the HD 600s for classical music production and mixing purposes (can't use monitor speakers in my current location) thanks to their sound and relatively flat response. I was wondering if a Schiit M&M stack would more-or-less preserve the 600s flat response? I've read that the M&M can be bright, but that this works well with the 600s. Would it be so bright, though, as to lessen the usefulness for production? If so, could someone recommend another stack?

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #4,071 of 23,433
I think the E07k+E09k from Fiio is worth considering. Their entire lineup is quite neutral. Compared to the M&M this particular combo has many more features with additional outputs. Another one to consider is the ODAC+O2, but I would suggest getting them in separate enclosures for flexibility.

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #4,072 of 23,433
  I think the E07k+E09k from Fiio is worth considering. Their entire lineup is quite neutral. Compared to the M&M this particular combo has many more features with additional outputs. Another one to consider is the ODAC+O2, but I would suggest getting them in separate enclosures for flexibility.

For me, the E09K was too dark, the Magni was too bright and the O2 was just perfect. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #4,074 of 23,433
  Is the Bifrost + Asgard 2 combo good for the HD600? Contemplating on selling my Little Dot MKIII.

The Asgard 2 being Solid State would be more neutral. There's Tubes that can make the Dot more neutral though, plus you can't tube roll with the Asgard (if that's your thing). Going from the Dot to Asgard would be a side step in my opinion, specially with the HD 600. I would just add a decent DAC like the ODAC. You could use the Bifrost with the Dot too if you want.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #4,075 of 23,433
Listening to Mahler's Symphony No. 9 through the HD600's is simply orgasmic. Now if only I could find a decent performance of this masterpiece on vinyl my life would be complete. Any suggestions? I've kinda set the bar high listening to Klemperer's version. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #4,080 of 23,433
What are the main differences between Walter's approach and Klemperer's? I'd prefer the more dramatic interpretation. 

Sorry, I have not heard Klemperer's Mahler recordings.

Walter and Mahler were friends and colleagues who worked very closely together for many years. There are better sounding recordings, and more exciting, emotional, dramatic, etc. performances, but I think Walter's are the definitive interpretations of Mahlers works - the closest thing to having Mahler himself on the podium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back