Sennheiser HD 419/429/439
Sep 4, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #16 of 62
Quote:
Thank you warrenpchi , i hope the same

You're welcome!  If you do get a chance to pick up a K240, I suggest not passing it up.  I think it would serve your needs well, and I can't imagine how you would not like the sound quality given what you're looking for.  Even a used pair in good condition would be worth consideration.  Good luck mate! 
smile.gif

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #17 of 62
I have tried the 400 range and the 439 suited me best, basically the 449 with added bass depth.

Dont understand why the 400 series has been given a slating here as i find them to be very good headphones , the pads on the 449 are terrible imo , its that paper thin dipped/sprayed pleather.

The 439 has the following pros :

comfy velour type pads
removable cable (2 lengths supplied)
Really great detail retrieval
Great imaging (for a closed can)
Light weight

Its cons :

Isolation could be better
Bass could be more 3 dimensional

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

You're welcome!  If you do get a chance to pick up a K240, I suggest not passing it up.  I think it would serve your needs well, and I can't imagine how you would not like the sound quality given what you're looking for.  Even a used pair in good condition would be worth consideration.  Good luck mate! 
smile.gif

hey, I found some AKG models which are available in india @ eBay, can you go thoruh them and suggest anything similar to 240. in below Rs.5000 ?

please check this link,
http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=AKG+headphones&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Quote:
I have tried the 400 range and the 439 suited me best, basically the 449 with added bass depth.

Dont understand why the 400 series has been given a slating here as i find them to be very good headphones , the pads on the 449 are terrible imo , its that paper thin dipped/sprayed pleather.

The 439 has the following pros :

comfy velour type pads
removable cable (2 lengths supplied)
Really great detail retrieval
Great imaging (for a closed can)
Light weight

Its cons :

Isolation could be better
Bass could be more 3 dimensional

hi astroid, I had went through your review sometime back and I was in mind of purchasing it, only worried about bass.. which I like.. the amount of bass/sound i expect is like in a movie theater to say precisely. the perfect sound and I'm gonna use this on a laptop.. will HD 439 serves ??

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #19 of 62
Quote:
hey, I found some AKG models which are available in india @ eBay, can you go thoruh them and suggest anything similar to 240. in below Rs.5000 ?

please check this link,
http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=AKG+headphones&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Hey nithin, I've looked through most of the offerings there, and it seems like all the better ones are way beyond your desired budget.  There are two within your desired price range that are "decent" and have fairly good LF (low frequency - i.e. bass) response.  These would be the K81DJ and the K518 DJ.  However, both are supraaural (on ear) and probably not very suitable for hours of watching movies.  Not to mention that they're not as detailed as you might like.  So personally, I would easily take the Sennheiser HD 439 over either of those.

If you do decide to expand your budget, there is a K142HD that you should NOT get priced at Rs.8000.  I say that you should not get it, because there is also a K240 at Rs.9600, and I feel that the price increase is definitely worth it.

Looks like the HD 439 is still the best choice at the moment. 
smile.gif

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

please check this link,

hi astroid, I had went through your review sometime back and I was in mind of purchasing it, only worried about bass.. which I like.. the amount of bass/sound i expect is like in a movie theater to say precisely. the perfect sound and I'm gonna use this on a laptop.. will HD 439 serves ??

in a word no, but i havent heard any headphone that can matcch a movie theatre's bass!

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #21 of 62
Quote:
in a word no, but i havent heard any headphone that can matcch a movie theatre's bass!

Yeah, I didn't even try to hit that benchmark... 
smile.gif
  With a CIEM, he might get the illusion (maybe) - but the rest of his body isn't going to feel it unless he hooks up some tactile transducers or something.

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #22 of 62
Quote:

Yeah, I didn't even try to hit that benchmark... 
smile.gif
  With a CIEM, he might get the illusion (maybe) - but the rest of his body isn't going to feel it unless he hooks up some tactile transducers or something.

hehe.. I expected that only. atleast an illusion. I believe not all headphones could do atleast 50%..

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #23 of 62
Quote:
hehe.. I expected that only. atleast an illusion. I believe not all headphones could do atleast 50%..

And the ones that try often sound like dookie. 
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #25 of 62
Quote:
hehehe.. I'm going for HD 439 then, will buy this weekend and write a review..

Cool!  Don't forget to throw in a comparison between the 449 and the 439, just in case someone else has this exact same question later (you'd be surprised how often that can happen).

And if you wouldn't mind, please post a link to the review here so we can check out your impressions. 
smile.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #26 of 62
Quote:

Cool!  Don't forget to throw in a comparison between the 449 and the 439, just in case someone else has this exact same question later (you'd be surprised how often that can happen).

And if you wouldn't mind, please post a link to the review here so we can check out your impressions. 
smile.gif

sure :)

I found AKG distributor in India, K 240 costs approx $136
frown.gif
waayy above my budget. HD 439 is $70
smile_phones.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #29 of 62
hey,
 I bought HD 439. Amazing product. Right amount of of bass I required.. Very Happy with the performance, crisp and clear mids, non-irritating highs. I'll write a review after few days of burn-in.

Thanks @warrenpchi and @astroid.

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #30 of 62
Glad you like them , always nervous when someone buys cans based on my recommendation.
The 439 is a fairly safe bet as it is pretty balanced.
Good bass though eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back