Senn CX95 got a big praise, best earphones under £100?
Mar 12, 2008 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Marcos

Head-Fier
Sennheiser CX 95 Style Canalphones - TrustedReviews

Im only looking to spend ~£50ish, theres something about the fit of the j-jays that are annoying me, no matter what earbud size i use the left is quieter most of the time and getting the bass out of them is tough, push them in too far and everything goes, they seem to be at their best when they are just falling out, cant stand it.

Anyway, these CX95s, anything better for the £50~ price? must be IEM/canal type.

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 11
Have a look at the Mylarone x3i earphones from Jaben.net

Many happy users on these forums including me
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 11
I have the Senn CX95 and I can wholeheartedly recommend them. They need some serious running in but the sound just gets better and better.

Let's try to think how Sennheiser would have strategically developed this product.

Being a new player in the IEM market and the demand for portability increasing with growing use of mobile music players, Senn needs to get a foothold in this market to get some of Shure's and other IEM share of the pie.

The CX300 was ok at the price point but Senn needed to do something special to make a name for themself in this market as they have done with the bigger phones. Solution? Release a product that is relatively cheap but outperforms products twice its price. Senn has made an issue that these are their 'flagship' IEM by using terms such as 'high-end' and 'highest possible resolution' on their packaging. This is Senn, they know they have some credibility to maintain when making such claims - so we should expect something special.

Finally, although the RRP is £80, Senn must be distributing these way below the expected cost price to retailers because they are going for as little as £52, which is interesting given its a new product.

Anyway, I might have gotten this all wrong, but all I can say is that I find them excellent and you will not be disappointed for 50 quid!

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 11
I had a listen to the CX95 today.....I liked it. Strong, defined bass, slightly thick mids but highs were a little rolled off for my taste. No biggie though, the overall warmish sound signature sounded very nice for vocals. Soundstage is a little compressed, and instrument separation wasn't very good.

I wonder how it would sound properly burned in....the potential is certainly there
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 11
for me sennheser cx400 beats x3, x3i xb and xbi at his pricerange ...
better sonicstage and separation... more light highs, and more of better bas

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a listen to the CX95 today.....I liked it. Strong, defined bass, slightly thick mids but highs were a little rolled off for my taste. No biggie though, the overall warmish sound signature sounded very nice for vocals. Soundstage is a little compressed, and instrument separation wasn't very good.

I wonder how it would sound properly burned in....the potential is certainly there
tongue.gif

They require serious burn-in. 3 weeks on and it sounds like a completely different earphone. Getting the fit right makes an enourmous difference and this is a slight pain, literally, for me with the stock tips.

The problem with the CX95s is that they have made my CX300 sound unlistenable!

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #10 of 11
1) the X3 and X3i have a bass issue, when you burn them in, the bass disappears,
2)the CX300 is basicly a miniature subwoofer, theres NOTHING besides bass,
3) Senns really impressed us with the new CX series headphones, im really considering a pair of CX400 or CX95 as backups to my Atrios,

Mar 13, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) the X3 and X3i have a bass issue, when you burn them in, the bass disappears,
2)the CX300 is basicly a miniature subwoofer, theres NOTHING besides bass,
3) Senns really impressed us with the new CX series headphones, im really considering a pair of CX400 or CX95 as backups to my Atrios,

My X3i has ample of bass, its not gone just more controlled after burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back