Searching for New Headphones
Jan 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

llamatimelord

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some new headphones. I need them to be closed and will be using and iPod and cMoyBB to drive them. I listen mostly to Classic rock music. I would really like a good bass in addition to treble. Mids/Vocals are also really important to me. So Vocals and Bass are more important than Treble. I like the Grado clarity so I really want clarity. However, I don't like the Grado sharpness and would like a warmer headphone. I also have always adored a large soundstage and that is one of my favorite parts of a headphone. My Priorities for sound are- Soundstage, Vocal Clarity and Bass, Treble. I also want them to be comfortable, I like really soft ear cushions and around-ear that immerse you in the music. My budget would be up to 200 USD but I could exceed it if I really had to. Detachable cables would be a plus but are not a necessity or a deal maker. Thank You.

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
 I would really like a good bass in addition to treble. Mids/Vocals are also really important to me. So Vocals and Bass are more important than Treble. Vocal Clarity and Bass, Treble.

So basicaly you want bass, mids, and treble. You contridicted yourself a lot in that post. What genres of music do you listen to? and where will you be using these mostly?

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

I would really like a good bass in addition to trebleMids/Vocals are also really important to me. So Vocals and Bass are more important than TrebleVocal Clarity and Bass, Treble.
Quote:
So basicaly you want bass, mids, and treble. You contridicted yourself a lot in that post. What genres of music do you listen to? and where will you be using these mostly?

Oh my god. Let me find something with a lot of bass, treble and mids.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 10
I think you might like the AKG K550. I just got them for Christmas and they are awesome. Good soundstage for a closed back design. They are a well balanced headphone and everything is crystal clear to me. I love to listen to led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd on them.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #7 of 10
I think you might like the AKG K550. I just got them for Christmas and they are awesome. Good soundstage for a closed back design. They are a well balanced headphone and everything is crystal clear to me. I love to listen to led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd on them.

+1 for this. Forget about MDR-1R if it's not for portable :)

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikedonkeys39 

I apologize if I wasn't clear. To clarify, I listen mostly to Classic and Alternative Rock and some Jazz. I want deep bass without sacrificing clear vocals and treble. Soundstage is a big factor. I want to take comfort into account too. I hope that clears everything up. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back