Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $
Jul 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

sofastreamer

Headphoneus Supremus
my mood changes fast, so right now i am searching for an iem that i can listen to for hours, without getting tired.

the best, smoothest and fatigue free i have listened to, is the westone 4, but there are 2 issues i have with it: first it is the price. second, it lacks a little in the sub bass. i know, that it is able to go down to 20hz, but it does nearly no rumbling, since i am a low volume listener.

my source is an iPhone 4 and i listen to genres like, chill out, ambient, film scores.

i do not need much isolation and i know, that for the price point i will not get the details and technical perfection of the W4. but it should be enough, if the iem is fatigue free, smooth and relaxed. highs could be rolled off.

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 54
Fischer Audio Tandem is what you are looking for.

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 54
if u can handle the w4, then check out the denon c710 with comply tips.,the bass goes lowww.,
big soundstage.good separation, .smooth highs. inexpensive

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 54
The comply tips tamed the highs...didn't sound aggressive to me. :wink:

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #8 of 54
Quote:
ok, i ordered the tandems and some silver bullets. any more suggestions?

Yikes Silver bullets? I didn't think they had much bass and they are pretty large and very hard to get a good seal. Great sound, but not a bassy headphone.

I heard the Yamaha EPH-100 is quite the bass headphones, but another "smooth", albeit a little muddy sounding, headphone is the Se215's. At $100 with removable cables, hard to beat unless you mod your own headphones. (lucky me!)

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 54
These might have to much sub-bass but the Atrio MG7 are non fatiguing, smooth with awesome sub-bass rumble.  I'm not a bass head but I really like the MG7 because while they're bass heavy its very clean and the mids and highs are balanced.  They're $109 at atrio.me with discount code CostProg50% (I think it still works).

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #12 of 54
a well burned-in Aurisonics ASG-1. Haven't tried the atrio yet, but the ASG-1 rumbles better than anything, while still being pretty controlled and mind-boggling sound stage. Not $150 but can be had used for not an incredible amount more.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 54
Quote:
i do not need much isolation and i know, that for the price point i will not get the details and technical perfection of the W4. but it should be enough, if the iem is fatigue free, smooth and relaxed. highs could be rolled off.

Something of an underdog recommendation, but you might want to try the Philips SHE9900. Extremly smooth and liquid sound signature, plus impressive bass for single BAs. Something of a "poor man's SM3" in my book, not quite up to these (or the W4) in detail resolution, but very decent phones for the asking price. Their main downside is that they're not very efficient, but that shouldn't be an issue with low volume listening.

They come with a 30 day money back guarantee here in Austria and I'd think it should be the same in Germany, so there's no risk involved.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #14 of 54
Looks like I was beaten to the Tandem option, it has not got the must bass at all but is beyond smooth and liquid. I am actually finding my unburned TDK EB950 to be on the softer and smoother side while having a nice amount of bass, not technically the best by far though or comparable to the tandem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back