Scuba divers check in!
Apr 16, 2003 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

gerG

Headphoneus Supremus
Alright, time for a headcount. Who is certified, and where was your last trip?

I haven't been in the water for over a year now, and it is starting to get to me. My brain dries out and I don't think straight.

My last trip was cave diving in north Florida. Man I love that crystal clear water! Last open water was to Taveuni, Fiji. That may be my next, as well.

Ni sa bula!

gerG

Apr 16, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 12
Been too long, I've lost the fitness required as well.

Last dive I did was a 25m night dive off the coast here on one of our many reefs, it was pretty fantastic - lots of very sleepy fish etc.

These days it's hard to find the time or buddy and I don't think my wetsuit fits me anymore
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 12
I really want to finish my certification. I did all the classroom stuff and all the closed water stuff a couple of summers ago, but I never got around to doing the open water cert dive -- tends to happen when you live in Kansas City. ...

kerely

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:48 AM Post #5 of 12
I got certified my freshman year here at my school. Last winter I went to the Florida Keys, and did like 12 dives there. The best was on a Coast Guard Cutter that was in some pretty deep water. It was mainly cool cause I had never been that deep before, and it was also my first "wreck" dive....if you can call it that.

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 12
Got certified as a Master Scuba Diver last August. Mostly been diving in Malaysia.

Apr 16, 2003 at 7:18 AM Post #7 of 12
Got certified 6 years ago in Nevis. Have dived Belize, Anguilla and lots of Southern California locales. Sadly, with the birth of my son, my wife and I have stopped diving. We hope to resume when he gets a little older.

God, I love it down there.

Apr 16, 2003 at 1:57 PM Post #9 of 12
i've always wanted to learn scuba diving but never found the guts or a friend to accompany me for courses.
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #10 of 12
Got certified in Hawaii (closed water? We don't need no friggin' closed water!), done some diving up here in Seattle for drysuit/deep/boat (part of Advanced) certification... still have to do the night dive tho.

Apr 16, 2003 at 9:14 PM Post #11 of 12
I'm set for a 2 tank dive on Friday morning just off of Northwest Point, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, BWI, about a mile down the road from my house! This is very near to the Turtle Farm, so I'm hoping to catch some incoming / outgoing traffic during the shallow dive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back