Scotch
Aug 2, 2004 at 7:23 PM Post #76 of 653
Regarding the Bowmore Black, I have had it (my best friend is a career hobbyist, one of them is collecting rare and exotic liquor, specializing in scotch and whisky, he has four or five bottles of Black) and I encourage you to keep perusing it, it is well worth the effort and expense.

Adam

Aug 3, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #78 of 653
Yes, I agree he is lucky in this regard. I too am lucky that he is also generous.
wink.gif

Adam

Aug 4, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #82 of 653
My friend could open up one of the most lucrative scotch bars in the world. He claims that thier are only two other collections that might rival his. I can't verify anything about other peoples collections but I know his is huge.

Aug 4, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #83 of 653
About a week ago, I had an interesting and unexpectedly good glass - Johnnie Walker Blue. Yes, that's right...blue!!

This is (with the exception of some 100-year-old Grand Marnier) the smoothest liquor that I've ever had. It was buttery smooth, just slid down my throat with nary a twinge of burn that I associate with most scotch. WOW!! I don't even LIKE Johnnie Walker Red!!

Not bad.
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #85 of 653
Oh, just btw, some Glenfiddich 12 yrs. Caoran Reserve impressions: Seems like the general Glenfiddich signature (some sherry fruityness...) with a little extra peat and a tad of smoke. Quite strong. Probably more interesting when diluted with some water...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Aug 4, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #86 of 653
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
what are his others finest malt???

when he's got 5 bottles of black...auwww, can you pm me a list of his...

It would be much easier if you just said something and I'll tell you (to the best of my knowledge) whether or not he has it. But I warn you, it will be hard to find much he doesn't...

Adam

Aug 4, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #87 of 653
Sadly I haven't the funds for a tasting of that magnitude, but for a college student I'm doing decently on the whiskey scene - I have a bottle of Highland Park 12, a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black, a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey, and a bottle of Woodford Reserve Bourbon (which is EXCELLENT, for anyone who likes Bourbon - great by itself and it makes a mean Manhattan). I've also done a fair bit of drinking of Macallen 12 and 18, Laphroaig 10 and 15, Glenlivet 12, and Glenmorangie 12. I've been looking around for a bottle of 18 but having looked at this thread I may have to jump for a Springbank 15 instead. It's not disproportionately expensive compared to other 15's/18's, is it?

Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back