Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
Mar 9, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #1,428 of 2,035
My Raganarok is ready to ship! Anyone else get their notice today? I sold my Mjolnir so long ago, thinking the Rag was just around the corner. My LCD-X's have been practically mothballed except for short sessions on the Vali. It took all my willpower not to buy another amp at Canmania--I hope it was worth saving myself.
beyersmile.png
Well, I'll know in a few days.
do you still have a LCDX and rag? I am in the same line, should I get it? what is the best solid state for LCD X?
I also own the HD 650s, for the use of tube.

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #1,431 of 2,035
Code:
[quote][/quote]
Thanks for the heads up, I shall look for Pom Pom, always love musicians who are influenced by Zappa.
I am back to your opinion again. I think I love my Mjolnir 2 with NOS tubes with HD650s. But My LCD X needs a powerful and solid slammy amp. I know you liked raggy with it. Do you have any other suggn that you moved to and is ultimate? Please let me know. Also Benchmark HPA 4 is alluring but the price is too much. also it is weaker than raggy. Please help.

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #1,433 of 2,035
do you still have a LCDX and rag? I am in the same line, should I get it? what is the best solid state for LCD X?
I also own the HD 650s, for the use of tube.
I still have the Rag and the LCD-X, and still love the combination. Some other amps I loved with the LCD-X include the Liquid Gold (unfortunately not made anymore, but worth hunting for a used one), and the (original) microZOTL. The microZOTL MZ2 is the successor to the version I auditioned, so no reason it shouldn't also be amazing.

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #1,434 of 2,035
but the price for liquid gold is insane. Just a quick search showed 6500 new. I am not looking at that price range. Rag range or if it is life life altering, benchmark BHA 4. still 3000

I am looking for a end system; not move anything. also a LCD X cable, did you use aftermarkets?

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,435 of 2,035
I was listening to the new Cranberries "In the End" via Yggdrasil 2 -> Ragnarok and my speakers cut out.
The Rag had the right 3 LEDs all blinking. I turned off/on and same behavior.
Video too large, but I will try to edit and enclose.

Thoughts?

(I am consulting Ragnarok manual also)

EDIT:
Unplugging inputs (only XLR inputs from Yggdrasil) and outputs (speaker wires only) and unplugging for several minutes and re-try didn't work.

EDIT2:
Multiple attempts didn't reset/fix it. Messaging Schiit. Thanks.

Attachments

• ragnarok_manual_1_1.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Rag1 Clearing Faults - from Manual.JPG
    Rag1 Clearing Faults - from Manual.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,436 of 2,035
I was listening to the new Cranberries "In the End" via Yggdrasil 2 -> Ragnarok and my speakers cut out.
The Rag had the right 3 LEDs all blinking. I turned off/on and same behavior.
Video too large, but I will try to edit and enclose.

Thoughts?

(I am consulting Ragnarok manual also)

EDIT:
Unplugging inputs (only XLR inputs from Yggdrasil) and unplugging for several minutes and re-try didn't work.

i'd contact schiit directly -- they'll be able to give the best answer.

May 3, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #1,438 of 2,035
Wonder if the remote volume control will be standard or optional. I also like the added heat sinks, should cut operating temperatures down considerably and lower air conditioning cost during the summer months. Very impressive but I will probably hang on to my vintage Ragnarok for the foreseeable future.

May 3, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #1,439 of 2,035
Wonder if the remote volume control will be standard or optional. I also like the added heat sinks, should cut operating temperatures down considerably and lower air conditioning cost during the summer months. Very impressive but I will probably hang on to my vintage Ragnarok for the foreseeable future.
I think the remote is standard.

2019-04-12 17.21.27 Rag 2 info - Copy.jpg 2019-04-12 17.21.30 Rag2 front - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,440 of 2,035
Hi I'm kinda eyeing for the Raggy or the Bryston BHA-1,
Has anyone heard or own both to give a comparison? Planning to go fully balanced :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back