Schiit Owners Unite
Jan 29, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #8,626 of 13,350
OK, then I guess it's typical for Class A. Admittedly, I've never seen many pure Class A amps in my life. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #8,628 of 13,350
my buddy is getting into audio and referred him to getting a Modi/Magni for his cans (Sennheiser DJ 7) and he couldn't wrap his head around how small it's going to be so I sent him this for reference.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #8,629 of 13,350
Has anyone been to the schiit website lately? It appears their website has some security issues. It won't let you login stating that there's a hack attempt coming from schiit.com

<Head-fi GeekSquad>

My Bitdefender traffic light currently reports the Schiit website as clean. See image below. Not sure what it was when you posted that.

I use and recommend the Bitdefender TrafficLight add-on for Firefox. It adds a green/amber/red indicator to all Google searches, so you can tell prior to visiting a website, if the website is suspected of containing malicious elements. I avoid anything marked amber or red.

I also use and recommend AdBlock Plus, NoScript, and CSFire. NoScript takes some getting used to, but if you tend to stay only on certain websites, you set permissions up once and forget it. Not good for people who browse frequently.

For those who like to browse anywhere and everywhere, I recommend purchasing a cheap android tablet, using a disposable google account, and sacrificing the tablet to the Malware Godz. Be sure to search the App store for all the free Bitdefender apps, there are some nice ones.

</Head-fi GeekSquad>

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #8,631 of 13,350
Thanks for the info. Cheers
My Bitdefender traffic light currently reports the Schiit website as clean. See image below. Not sure what it was when you posted that.

I use and recommend the Bitdefender TrafficLight add-on for Firefox. It adds a green/amber/red indicator to all Google searches, so you can tell prior to visiting a website, if the website is suspected of containing malicious elements. I avoid anything marked amber or red.

I also use and recommend AdBlock Plus, NoScript, and CSFire. NoScript takes some getting used to, but if you tend to stay only on certain websites, you set permissions up once and forget it. Not good for people who browse frequently.

For those who like to browse anywhere and everywhere, I recommend purchasing a cheap android tablet, using a disposable google account, and sacrificing the tablet to the Malware Godz. Be sure to search the App store for all the free Bitdefender apps, there are some nice ones.

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #8,632 of 13,350
How did I forget about this gigantic thread?

Since earlier this month, I am at long last a Schiit owner: Magni 2 Uber + Modi 2.

I posted this in another thread and might as well share it here:

My impressions of the Uber would leave an uber impression on you.
dt880smile.png

Crazy thing, guys: when I first used the Modi 2 and Magni 2 Uber with various headphones, there were only slight improvements compared to listening from portable devices or my laptop's headphone jack...but since using certain programs and settings (letting the DAC interact with the computer in a certain way and letting the computer operate in a certain way), there is a gigantic leap in sound quality! Like, most people wouldn't even believe me until they heard it with their own ears. Sneak peak: I'm even hearing instruments I never heard before.

I am slowly working on an extensive guide related to this. Once it's ready, you should be able to find it on the bottom-right corner of the site under New Articles.

Until then, stay uber!

Gonna hold off on more Schiit until I can afford the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil -- after upgrading to high-end headphones, of course.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #8,633 of 13,350
My friend will be getting a pair of AKG k7xx, and was looking at Schiit products.  I've got the Vali for my 712s, which I thoroughly enjoy, but I'm not sure how the K7xx sounds by comparison.  He's looking for sub-150, and may or may not upgrade to DAC later.  He'll be using his motherboard audio out, and is debating between the Magni U and the Vali.  This is his first foray into mid-fi, and doesn't know what sound signatures he likes/dislikes, so I'm hoping to direct him to an option that stays on the warm side, but not far from neutral.

Any thoughts from a more experienced head-fi'er about which way to go?

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #8,634 of 13,350
  My friend will be getting a pair of AKG k7xx, and was looking at Schiit products.  I've got the Vali for my 712s, which I thoroughly enjoy, but I'm not sure how the K7xx sounds by comparison.  He's looking for sub-150, and may or may not upgrade to DAC later.  He'll be using his motherboard audio out, and is debating between the Magni U and the Vali.  This is his first foray into mid-fi, and doesn't know what sound signatures he likes/dislikes, so I'm hoping to direct him to an option that stays on the warm side, but not far from neutral.

Why don' yo let him listen too your Vali? If that is the sound he is after you can go that direction, if not the Magni U or Asgard 2 rock.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #8,636 of 13,350

I own the Vali and the original Magni and to be honest, in a blind comparison, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two.

Also keep in mind that Schiit does have a 15 day money back guarantee.  You can hardly go wrong with either one.

Finally, keep in mind that Schiit still has some of the original Magni's for $79.00.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #8,637 of 13,350
  I own the Vali and the original Magni and to be honest, in a blind comparison, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two.

Also keep in mind that Schiit does have a 15 day money back guarantee.  You can hardly go wrong with either one.

Finally, keep in mind that Schiit still has some of the original Magni's for $79.00.

An interesting thing about, regardless of which Magni I recommended, the Magni 2 U, if any, speaks to him.  I've known him long enough to know that he won't be talked out of it, if he goes with the Magni at all.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #8,638 of 13,350
  An interesting thing about, regardless of which Magni I recommended, the Magni 2 U, if any, speaks to him.  I've known him long enough to know that he won't be talked out of it, if he goes with the Magni at all.

I know how he feels. I'll eventually have to try the M2U myself. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back