Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #5,851 of 13,350
  Awesome, no feedback loop or USB problems!  The X's seem so much more precise, fuller, and wider now.  Very much refined overall.  Looking forward to burning in the Schiit stack and getting my cable tomorrow.

It's good to be back in audio heaven! 
smile.gif

Are you using the Wyrd USB interface device? The G should come with the new USB module upgrade if bought new? I had my dac upgraded with the new USB upgrade and it is really nice. Keep us updated on progress with the acclimation of the new stack with the X phones por favor!

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #5,852 of 13,350
Oh look at what the postman has dropped off, at last.

2 NOS tubes Valvo pinch waist PCC88 = ~ 6922 E88CC d-getter 1957

And 2 NEW Tubes Röhren Valvo E88CC 6922 Hamburger Fertigung 1964

Already have the Red ones burning in lot better bass and wider image and more depth to the sound already, now to let burn in for xxx hours.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #5,854 of 13,350

Are you using the Wyrd USB interface device? The G should come with the new USB module upgrade if bought new? I had my dac upgraded with the new USB upgrade and it is really nice. Keep us updated on progress with the acclimation of the new stack with the X phones por favor!

I am not using Wyrd, just straight from my rMBP to Gungnir with a PYST USB cable.  There is no noise or any weirdness at all.

Holy cow, I don't know if it was the day of burn in or switching to a Black Dragon cable, but the low end has opened way up.  They don't sound like the same headphones I had yesterday.

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #5,860 of 13,350
I've had the Lyr 2 for a week after having the Lyr for a year. So far it is an all-around improvement. As I have high gain cans (HD700s) the gain switch is something I had been longing and asking for to get rid of a very low level hum even with the lowest noise tubes.  Its now completely gone and quiet enough to use with IEMs of which I have tried ER6i's, Phonak PFE132's and UE10's. I did not have the amps at the same time; however, the power supply improvements also help in providing improved dimensionality to the presentation. I am not talking about imaging, as that hasn't changed for me from its already excellent width. It is the physicality of the instruments, especially acoustical ones which are more realized. The amp appears to do better with the stock tubes which are different from the GE  6BQ7s that came with my Lyr though I still prefer my Lorenz Stuttgart 6922's and  Voskhod 6N23P Rockets 1978 Silver Shields. Not quite ready to post a full review but there is simply an ease and reality to the sound that leaves looking forward to listening each day.

Jun 30, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #5,864 of 13,350
That is really nice. I have been looking for something similar only a 2 tier version.

It's from Monoprice and they are stackable, mine are set up as 3 tier, I believe it was $22.00 p/ shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back