Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #1,636 of 13,350
About to order mine, just sold some stuff to get it...
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #1,637 of 13,350
Quote:
I started looking at how small the A2's were and how big the A5+'s were and that did it for me.  A2's.  There doesn't seem to be a lot like them.
I'm stoked about your remarks how the Lyr works with powered speakers.

Sorry, off topic, not about Schiit! :)

I tried buying a cheap sound bar for my computer room TV. It had awful sound. I then tried a more expensive solution, a Vizio sound bar. It didn't sound much better. I then bought a set of Autoengine A2s and laid them down in front of the TV. Sounds great! They really are small.

I have my desktop computer connected through a HRT Streamer II DAC, and the DAC is connected to a pair of A5+s, which are connected to an Autoengine S8 sub. The A5+s alone, sounds much better than the A2s. I don't know why the reviewer would say the A2s sounded better than the A5+s. Good, yes, but not as good as the A5+s, not by a long shot!

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #1,640 of 13,350
Quote:

I have inputs to USB and optical, and they're both being fed by the laptop simultaneously quite often, USB for the computer and Internet sounds, optical mainly for foobar. This is quite a boon for me as before the Bifrost, I could only output from the laptop with only USB to the uDac2, and when foobar was playing through WASAPI, sometimes video players (including Netflix) in browsers would crash or report error with sound (as foobar took over the sound stream with exclusivity). But with the Bifrost, you can do what you're asking (though I can't be certain of coaxial as I've never tried that out).

On my Gateway PC I have USB and HMDI ports availlable, but not coaxial and optical SPDIF ports. Does that mean I would have to purchase the spendier model with the USB option? After reading many of the posts in this thread, it looks to me like SPDIF is preferred....

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #1,641 of 13,350
Quote:
On my Gateway PC I have USB and HMDI ports availlable, but not coaxial and optical SPDIF ports. Does that mean I would have to purchase the spendier model with the USB option? After reading many of the posts in this thread, it looks to me like SPDIF is preferred....

One if these would do the job.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewHD-Premium-Audio-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00AHS8LD8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1362239398&sr=8-5

Basically turns your HDMI port into HDMI + SPDIF.

You'll save a fortune if you get that instead of the USB version of the DAC.

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #1,642 of 13,350
Anyone have any new information on Shiit's 'STATEMENT' gear?

Jason, comment?

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #1,643 of 13,350
Mar 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,645 of 13,350
Quote:

One if these would do the job.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewHD-Premium-Audio-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00AHS8LD8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1362239398&sr=8-5

Basically turns your HDMI port into HDMI + SPDIF.

You'll save a fortune if you get that instead of the USB version of the DAC.

Oh, that's great. I really did not want to spend the extra bucks on the USB version.

Thank you
smile.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #1,647 of 13,350
Not directly stated, but I assume the Statement amp will be priced pretty much right on the price of the DAC?

Do you mean in the $1500 - $2000 range? Me too. I also hope it uses the same tubes as the lyr so I can repurpose all the ones I have.

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #1,648 of 13,350
Quote:
Not directly stated, but I assume the Statement amp will be priced pretty much right on the price of the DAC?

It's been stated that statement gear will run double of the mid-tier balanced Schiit. So yes, approximately.

And pricing could be subject to change...

It will not use the same family of tubes as Lyr.

But that was also kind of subject to change per Jason's words.

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #1,649 of 13,350
It's been stated that statement gear will run double of the mid-tier balanced Schiit. So yes, approximately.

And pricing could be subject to change...

It will not use the same family of tubes as Lyr.

But that was also kind of subject to change per Jason's words.

Thanks for pointing that out Paradoxper. I was under the impression that it was going to be solid state. Whoops!

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #1,650 of 13,350
Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out Paradoxper. I was under the impression that it was going to be solid state. Whoops!

It's been said that you will have a choice of either SS or a hybrid. 

That is also subject to change..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back