Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 27, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #7,831 of 155,261
^ Yes I agree. It is very likely there are people who think Schiit will mainly update products and others who think they will reveal new products.

I think Schiit will do what Schiit will do, and it will be interesting to see what that is.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #7,832 of 155,261
I recently got the valhalla2 and getting into tubes, it would be nice if Schiit had support for a even wider type range of tubes,
Or possibly mentioning a EQ Schiit that would be about tubes (idk if that's basicly just a valhalla2)
^ Yes I agree. It is very likely there are people who think Schiit will mainly update products and others who think they will reveal new products.

I think Schiit will do what Schiit will do, and it will be interesting to see what that is.

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #7,840 of 155,261

My Journey to a Bifrost Uber.

The Wife has a Shiny Pink I Phone 6S on order. So I sent an email and said now you have your phone ordered I want my Schiit.
She Knows I am a little Nutty About audio and I qualify as Schiit Head. After some banter about having a bunch of schiit already and inquiring about what kind of schiit is rmoody filling my head with after he went to the Nashville show this weekend ,she asks to see a link of what I wanted. When I asked why do you want to see a link this is the response I get.

"YES, I wanna know what you are drooling over that is not your wife! 
I always did fear that one day a machine will take my place… I knew you just couldn’t resist a shiny new piece of metal…. That TRASHY, HOME WRECKING, little piece of SCHIIT!!!"

I was Very Tempted to Reply with this

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #7,841 of 155,261

My Journey to a Bifrost Uber.

The Wife has a Shiny Pink I Phone 6S on order. So I sent an email and said now you have your phone ordered I want my Schiit.
She Knows I am a little Nutty About audio and I qualify as Schiit Head. After some banter about having a bunch of schiit already and inquiring about what kind of schiit is rmoody filling my head with after he went to the Nashville show this weekend ,she asks to see a link of what I wanted. When I asked why do you want to see a link this is the response I get.

"YES, I wanna know what you are drooling over that is not your wife! 
I always did fear that one day a machine will take my place… I knew you just couldn’t resist a shiny new piece of metal…. That TRASHY, HOME WRECKING, little piece of SCHIIT!!!"

I was Very Tempted to Reply with this

Tread carefully newlywed. Good thing you have a tent. :)

And really? Blaming it on me? What did I ever do, I came back from Nashville with one piece of equipment on my mind, Ether C.

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #7,844 of 155,261

To: Bob Katz, Mr.Stoddard, Mr.Baldr and everyone else.

Just now, with Big Sound 2015 concluding in Montana, Bob Katz writes and reveals the success of the Yggy design. Anyone can read his full descriptions in Tyll's latest posting on his site. Further testing may take us closer to a realization but for now, as Bob describes, the Yggy at significantly lower consumer cost delivers performance nearly indistinguishable from Recording Industry's best DACs. ( I'm paraphrasing ).  

And as far as anyone can tell, Bob Katz is not a Shill for Schiit , I think that I read him as someone with a predisposition to distrust R2R DACs, for engineering reasons ( that he reveals were probably unfounded ). Read Katz's Corner and judge for yourself.

Furthermore , Mr.Katz works to Industrial Standards and owns Reference Standards.

Conversely, we Audiophile consumers own no such "Standards", we end up basing our decisions on personal preferences.  

So, what are we consumers able to accomplish?

I'll suggest that we are building, for ourselves, Music Hall Venues for the performance of the Music we are able to buy, own and enjoy.  Our Venue needs to be ( in my case ) Portable, affordable, easily replaceable, and musically pleasing, reliable, made by responsible manufacturers, user friendly, able to accommodate my personal hearing requirements ( audiologist's revealed hearing response curves ) and ( hopefully ) posess the ability to send thrills down my spine as it plays music.   

My Asgard 2 and Sennhieser HD580 is successful and may be my end-game system.  ( although I admire every Sennheiser HD800 I hear and may end up owning same ).  

My thanks to Bob Katz ( for his contribution ) in clearing up reasonable questions about DAC performance issues.

And I congratulate Schiit for consistently hitting home-runs at every At-Bat.  

I will also nominate Mr.Stoddard and Mr.Baldr for their work in delivering value & performance in leu of Sizzle Marketing.  Here we need some sort of "Manufacturer of the the Year" Award. 

Tony in Michigan

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #7,845 of 155,261
The Schiit event is already over? What about the 2-4th?
To: Bob Katz, Mr.Stoddard, Mr.Baldr and everyone else.

Just now, with Big Sound 2015 concluding in Montana, Bob Katz writes and reveals the success of the Yggy design. Anyone can read his full descriptions in Tyll's latest posting on his site. Further testing may take us closer to a realization but for now, as Bob describes, the Yggy at significantly lower consumer cost delivers performance nearly indistinguishable from Recording Industry's best DACs. ( I'm paraphrasing ).  

And as far as anyone can tell, Bob Katz is not a Shill for Schiit , I think that I read him as someone with a predisposition to distrust R2R DACs, for engineering reasons ( that he reveals were probably unfounded ). Read Katz's Corner and judge for yourself.

Furthermore , Mr.Katz works to Industrial Standards and owns Reference Standards.

Conversely, we Audiophile consumers own no such "Standards", we end up basing our decisions on personal preferences.  

So, what are we consumers able to accomplish?

I'll suggest that we are building, for ourselves, Music Hall Venues for the performance of the Music we are able to buy, own and enjoy.  Our Venue needs to be ( in my case ) Portable, affordable, easily replaceable, and musically pleasing, reliable, made by responsible manufacturers, user friendly, able to accommodate my personal hearing requirements ( audiologist's revealed hearing response curves ) and ( hopefully ) posess the ability to send thrills down my spine as it plays music.   

My Asgard 2 and Sennhieser HD580 is successful and may be my end-game system.  ( although I admire every Sennheiser HD800 I hear and may end up owning same ).  

My thanks to Bob Katz ( for his contribution ) in clearing up reasonable questions about DAC performance issues.

And I congratulate Schiit for consistently hitting home-runs at every At-Bat.  

I will also nominate Mr.Stoddard and Mr.Baldr for their work in delivering value & performance in leu of Sizzle Marketing.  Here we need some sort of "Manufacturer of the the Year" Award. 

Tony in Michigan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back