Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 1, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #74,536 of 153,748
Is there a delay in their customer service responses via email? I ordered a Hel2 at the beginning of the week because I was having suicidal thoughts and hoped it would make me feel better. It didn't as it is on back order and I tried to commit suicide last night. I sent a email to the order and info email account and haven't heard anything.

I need to cancel this because in my current state, I am not getting enjoyment out of anything in life and I would be wasting 300+ dollard Canadian on this Dac/Amp.

@Birdkicks, I'm sorry to read that you're struggling now. Please visit the following link, and hopefully from it you can get the appropriate guidance and help:

The Canada Suicide Prevention Service
https://www.crisisservicescanada.ca/en/

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #74,537 of 153,748
The Sys is the most handy little piece of audio equipment I own...and probably the least expensive.
I have a Sys as well. One for balanced/Gumby and one for unbalanced/BeefRoast.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #74,538 of 153,748
There may be opinions you find to be stupid or nonsense. That's fine, because humans can be quite stupid at an astonishing frequency.
Does that frequency require DSD512 or will regular RedBook support it?

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #74,546 of 153,748
Well Schiit, looks like my Hel took a dump :frowning2:
A few months ago I thought my Modi MB died but it was a bad power supply. Maybe try another PS or cord or something. Worth a shot...

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #74,547 of 153,748
A few months ago I thought my Modi MB died but it was a bad power supply. Maybe try another PS or cord or something. Worth a shot...
Yeah, I've tried all the easy things. Different cables, power brick, uninstalling and reinstalling video/audio drivers and on 2 other computers. It doesn't even show up in device manager anymore. When you power it on the LED comes on, then about 10 seconds later it clicks, but nothing else.

Also I e-mailed schiit before I posted, they are always fast to respond...

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #74,549 of 153,748
just because they're repeatable

Well, that's one of the biggest issues. If you look at the headphone measurements for example, they're not repeatable at all. Some cans he likes, he'll fiddle with until he gets a reading that looks good. If it's a pair he doesn't like (usually the more expensive ones), he'll throw it on willy nilly, and report the worst measurement he got. It's not, science, it's not repeatable, it's a scam perpetrated to advance a very specific ideology (and support of the companies that pay him).

The speaker measurements he does are fine but they lack so much. How do you know how it images and stages without listening to it? Where are the measurements for cabinet resonances?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back