Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #47,191 of 153,748
Guys is this the main thread for impression of Schiit preamp or do we have a separate thread for it?

Don't try to make more sense of this thread than can be reasonably expected with us idiots here. This is indeed the general Schitt thread. Jason Stoddard (co-owner of Schitt) posts here regularly stories about the company, and he introduces new products here. Both are discussed by us in detail. And further you will find pics of cats (lots of them), discussions on whiskey, coffee, and other random subjects.

Apart from that, there are many "impressions" threads here, I know one about the Jotunheim. Whether or not one already exists for the new preamps I don't know. You could start one....

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #47,192 of 153,748
Don't try to make more sense of this thread than can be reasonably expected with us idiots here. This is indeed the general Schitt thread. Jason Stoddard (co-owner of Schitt) posts here regularly stories about the company, and he introduces new products here. Both are discussed by us in detail. And further you will find pics of cats (lots of them), discussions on whiskey, coffee, and other random subjects.
It was a genuine question as we have separate thread for Schiit DACs so I was under impression there is a separate thread for preamps as well. No need to get hyper
It’s not like I spend my life in this thread that I’m worried what ppl post here..everyone is free to post whatever they want .My question was based on line that I have subscribed wrong thread for preamp impression and missing out on initial impression if they are posted somewhere else.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #47,193 of 153,748
It was a genuine question as we have separate thread for Schiit DACs so I was under impression there is a separate thread for preamps as well. No need to get hyper

Wasn't hyper at all. It was an attempt at being funny. But clearly your and my sense of humor don't overlap. Also, wasn't trying to attack you or so. Check my posts in general, and you will see that I never take part in any fights on subjects.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #47,194 of 153,748
Wasn't hyper at all. It was an attempt at being funny. But clearly your and my sense of humor don't overlap. Also, wasn't trying to attack you or so. Check my posts in generesl, and you will see that I never take part in any fights on subjects.
No worries sorry if I came across as rude.

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #47,195 of 153,748
I don't think HeadFi hosts a separate 2-channel forum, does it? Here is as good a place as any, post your impression!

Jun 2, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #47,196 of 153,748
Jun 2, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #47,199 of 153,748
Theres any chance to see a Schiit Pre amp in near future with phono card?

Cheers!

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #47,202 of 153,748
Sure, Ragnarok 2 will take a phono card and act as a preamp, with a headphone output and speaker terminals as a bonus

Hi, thanks for the fast reply @Dana Reed.
Since im done with my headphone system for now, what im looking looking for, is something to use between future "Sol" and Ls50 in my living room.
I know Rag2 is the one box solution, but for the ones who are thinking about Vidar(s) or Aegir(s) probably Rag 2 to use just as preamp doenst make sence IMO.

@Timster the new "+" isnt used to identify the Tubes pre amps right now?
Anyone here knows if the Jotunheim is as good as pre amp, compared to dedicated schiit pre amps?

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #47,203 of 153,748
@Timster the new "+" isnt used to identify the Tubes pre amps right now?
Anyone here knows if the Jotunheim is as good as pre amp, compared to dedicated schiit pre amps?

Ahhh, sorry.... The "+" was to indicate a Jotunheim AND the phono card that can plug into it. :)
Jotunheim is a Head-Amp/Pre-Amp that can have a DAC or a phono card added. It sounds fabulous, but I can't compare to a Saga or Freya as I haven't heard them.

Jun 3, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #47,204 of 153,748
Ahhh, sorry.... The "+" was to indicate a Jotunheim AND the phono card that can plug into it. :)
Jotunheim is a Head-Amp/Pre-Amp that can have a DAC or a phono card added. It sounds fabulous, but I can't compare to a Saga or Freya as I haven't heard them.

Ah, sorry, i read that early in the morning and get confused with the "+" :ksc75smile:

Jun 3, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #47,205 of 153,748
fsllthrojfnf

New Schiit Product Line :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

I think you just leaked the real name of [REDACTED], are you sure you haven't violated the terms of your NDA?

* This phrase is often confused with the covfefian phrase 'fsllthrojfnf thakk rocks', which means, 'man who harbours unseemly feelings for tractor'.

I thought 'fsllthrojfnf thakk rocks' was the bonus track on the obscure album 'I Rokk' by the Scandinavian progressive rock band 'Kasvot Vaxt'.

[for those not in on the joke, see 2018 on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phish_tours#List_of_musical_costumes]

[more detail courtesy of Rolling Stone: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...ow-fake-scandinavian-band-kasvot-vaxt-750678/ ]

What a man and his tractor do in the privacy of their own home is no concern of mine.

I'm now madly searching the intarwebs to see if that is a Zappa quote.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back