Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 21, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #15,271 of 151,822
You're not an oddball. We share very similar views but I have to admit that every now and then an advertisement brings something to my attention of which I was unaware so I would not have reached out to look for it. Marketing is a necessary evil so I appreciate both good and clever marketing.  Schiit passes that test.

Actually, I was feeling a little left out.  I own 3 Schiit products and didn't receive either an e-mail or a mailing.  How many do you need to own to qualify?

Are you in the U.S. and is your mailing address up to date with Schiit?

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #15,272 of 151,822
:eek:

I bought a Thornes turntable in 1978, if memory serves.  Even inflation adjusted it did not cost over $1000. 

Ahhh, but you bought yours before hipster pricing set in :p

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #15,274 of 151,822
Yes and yes,  They mailed me my Fulla 2 a couple of weeks ago.  

There is a movement for several states in the mountain West to secede from the US and form the American Redoubt but at the present time I think Idaho is still considered a state.

Yeah, I'd join Canada in a heartbeat if it were up to me, but the Constitution does the leave much legal leeway for secession, as history teaches us.

I could move back to Sweden, but that would involve my Brazilian fiancé learning swedish.

She seems down though.

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #15,275 of 151,822
Ahhh, but you bought yours before hipster pricing set in
tongue.gif

I have come to the Conclusion that hipsters are The Double Edged Sword for Vinyl. The record sales have definitely gotten companies interested so there is some healthy growth for a sector that some had once declared dead. I am sure they keep the Local Record Stores I go to in business as well. The Down side is Prices of Records are now high, decent used Turntables are now as expensive as an Entry level Orbit or Pro-Ject and I have come across my fair share of New Pressings that are crap as some companies are putting them out cheap and fast. but I guess If you listen to them hooked up to your laptop via USB then you do not know the difference anyway. 

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #15,279 of 151,822
I think this pretty much sums it up...

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #15,280 of 151,822
God help us if hipsters get into dsd and mqa....just because that's what hipsters do

Nah, they'll only get into it once it's "cool" and "retro"  :p

Way off the mark. Hipsters won't be able to afford DSD or MQA.
L3000.gif

Meh,   DSD is dead anyway, and I very much doubt MQA will take off.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #15,283 of 151,822
Are we in the Twilight Zone? Am I seeing  people who actually want to get emails and flyers sent to them? I am going to guess if it was an marketing experiment they did not send it out to the world. I would expect there is some methodology they are using as to where and how the ads are sent and I would not be surprised if based on the original metrics used  they would then monitor if there was any change after the marketing campaign. Also The Cost of Mailers can add up and most applications that can email en mass are not free. Yep many email apps will roll over and choke if you try to send out emails to hundreds of people at once. Also If there were other companies involved in the mailers it could be a way of splitting costs. Don't Forget Jason's other Hat is Marketing. Face it some of us are Science Experiments.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #15,284 of 151,822
What email are you guys using?  I ask because I have gmail and it auto sorts almost all marketing emails to the promotions label/tab.  I only ever see those marketing emails the few times when I click over to that tab when I have spare time and want to see what's new...   I can't remember the last time I unsubscribed from an email list, since I rarely see them anyways.

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #15,285 of 151,822
  Are we in the Twilight Zone? Am I seeing  people who actually want to get emails and flyers sent to them? I am going to guess if it was an marketing experiment they did not send it out to the world. I would expect there is some methodology they are using as to where and how the ads are sent and I would not be surprised if based on the original metrics used  they would then monitor if there was any change after the marketing campaign. Also The Cost of Mailers can add up and most applications that can email en mass are not free. Yep many email apps will roll over and choke if you try to send out emails to hundreds of people at once. Also If there were other companies involved in the mailers it could be a way of splitting costs. Don't Forget Jason's other Hat is Marketing. Face it some of us are Science Experiments.

I always enjoy looking through ads when it's for products I have interest in, the duplicate mailings are unnecessary though. One of the things I miss most from the pre-internet age is the Sunday paper and getting to browse through all that ads while I watched football. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back